The Student Room Group

I am 21 and still a virgin, I think it is my body

I have gained about 1 stone over the past month as I have been depressed over my appearance. The problem is my body and how horrible it looks. I have no energy and find it very hard to exercise. My arms and hand make me very insecure because they are different to most people. So this is the first time I have worn a shirt in years. If I am out wearing a T-shirt, I find other people looking and judging so I go to public toilets as I am very stressed. My BMI is around 27 ish for my stats. Last time I weighed myself I was 6 feet 1 and around 14.5 stone thereabouts. I feel like I am an old man already. I am 21 and I feel like my body is so old and worn out. I fee like my arms are too big when I walk and I can feel people's eyes burn into them as though they are expanding as I walk. Please tell me I am not deluded.

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone please tell me there is a problem
Reply 2
Original post by Hjoi
anyone please tell me there is a problem

Na your fine

u made it sound like you were the big show :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Where is the problem ? Their is no problem... Your completely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Eelam5
Na your fine

What? Don't you see how horrible my arms are. I have seen arms like mine on a deformed person and I cannot wear t shirts because of them. If I cannot wear a t shirt then obviously there is a problem and people laugh and point at me.
You are completely fine, in the pictures you look like you are a perfectly normal weight, no problems with your body :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Eelam5
Na your fine

but look at this guy. He has different arms to me and for some reason girls like them. Why is this?

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/male-body-13441812.jpg
Reply 7
Original post by Hjoi
but look at this guy. He has different arms to me and for some reason girls like them. Why is this?

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/male-body-13441812.jpg

lol your fine.
I think you're just feeling a little insecure, everything looks fine and well proportioned so no need to worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Eelam5
lol your fine.

clearly not as I am a virgin and my arms are fat
look there is nothing wrong with you!

what you see we cant see
Reply 11
Original post by émiliemilia
I think you're just feeling a little insecure, everything looks fine and well proportioned so no need to worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. This is why I wear a hoody or jacket so no one can see my arms.
Give it a year, see what it's like when you're 22.
Reply 13
Are you in Birmingham? Could swear I recognise that accommodation, although I suspect it may just be generic.
Reply 14
Original post by M1011
Are you in Birmingham? Could swear I recognise that accommodation, although I suspect it may just be generic.

It is generic student accommodation. I am in New York
(edited 9 years ago)
Come of it you're fine :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Hjoi
clearly not as I am a virgin and my arms are fat

Being a virgin is a good thing,I'm 18 and never kissed or had any sexual contact with girls because I'm religious.I'm the happiest man in the world.
Reply 17
Original post by Eelam5
Being a virgin is a good thing,I'm 18 and never kissed or had any sexual contact with girls because I'm religious.I'm the happiest man in the world.

But my appearance, mainly my body, makes me look like an old man and I am very fat and hideous. A lot of girls seem to like muscle but I have only fat to offer them. I don't think I am capable of muscle as I am very unfit and lazy
Reply 18
Original post by Hjoi
But my appearance, mainly my body, makes me look like an old man and I am very fat and hideous. A lot of girls seem to like muscle but I have only fat to offer them. I don't think I am capable of muscle as I am very unfit and lazy

Some girls like fat guys/chubby ,it all depends on the girl taste and your personality.
Original post by Eelam5

Why are you being mean to non-virgins?

Quick Reply

Latest