The Student Room Group

Can I bring up my grade to a C from an E in AS?

Hey, so basically im doing A2 exams in a few days.
My university accepts General Studies as a subject, but in AS i got an E grade (somehow :/). I was just wondering, would it be possible to bring that grade up to a C, and if so, roughly what grade would I need in A2 in order to average out a C? Cheers
Reply 1
If you scraped an E which would be 40 UMS, that means you have 80/200. You need 240 in total for a C. So you need 160 UMS, which is an A.

Probably be easier with a resit, but then again its cringeworthy to think about paying money to resit general studies.
Reply 2
Original post by Jkizer
If you scraped an E which would be 40 UMS, that means you have 80/200. You need 240 in total for a C. So you need 160 UMS, which is an A.

Probably be easier with a resit, but then again its cringeworthy to think about paying money to resit general studies.

I agree haha, id rather not resit it. Hmm il try my best to get an A in the exam, however if not i'd be fairly satisfied with a D overall I guess..
Original post by BillyHH
I agree haha, id rather not resit it. Hmm il try my best to get an A in the exam, however if not i'd be fairly satisfied with a D overall I guess..

You'd be stupid not to resit AS general studies if a C is what you need to get into university.
Yah ofcourse, considering that languages are genuinely hard, my friend (who was slacking for the whole year) managed to pull it together from april till june to get from a U (from mocks) to a B last year..... now that is something to be proud of
Reply 5
Original post by Abdul-Karim
You'd be stupid not to resit AS general studies if a C is what you need to get into university.

Well i dont NEED it, just meaning it would count as Ucas points,.. mean i still can get in coz im sure id get 280 ucas points from my subjects, but im just viewing general studies as something to add to it.
Original post by BillyHH
Well i dont NEED it, just meaning it would count as Ucas points,.. mean i still can get in coz im sure id get 280 ucas points from my subjects, but im just viewing general studies as something to add to it.

Ah.. in that case you may not need to bother.

Quick Reply

Latest