The Student Room Group

I hate my job.

Hi, I have been working in my current job for nearly 7 months. I have really started to dislike it. This is my first job since uni. I got a first in English lit, with lots of internships and work experience in editing, which is the career i want to go into. I am working in marketing at the moment. I have my first yearly review next Monday. I want to discuss some things with my boss such as feeling undervalued, unused, and basically mistreated. I am applying for jobs and he doesn't know; I plan to leave as soon as possible. I want to benefit my career. I have my yearly review on Monday and he has asked me to bring a list of things that I believe i contribute to the business and I can't think of anything. I am not given opportunities to do anything, I haven't been offered any training, and I dont believe that I have the experience, knowledge, or position within the business (or respect for that matter) to do things of my own accord. This is my first job. I also think that even if I had suggested any of these things, he wouldn't care. I literally do nothing all day at work. I am asked to deliver client goods to 'save money' on courier services and give it a 'personal touch' when it just ends up being me delivering something to a secretary.

I don't know what to plan or prepare for the review. I need some advice.
Hopefully I will be leaving very soon, if the current jobs I have been applying for offer me interviews.

Any thoughts/advice?
If your job doesn't make you happy, and isn't what you want - Then stop. You're going to regret it in the long run. Pursue what you enjoy and makes you happy; because that's all that matters in my books. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending