The Student Room Group

Sharing a car

Hi guys, I was wondering if I think the same. So, few months I got the best job I ever had. This job is located 25 miles from my house and there are no public transport options available and I don’t drive at the moment. And someone who live 10 minutes away from me offered to give me a lift only if I pay for the fuel. I said okay, the money are not a problem. So I the meanwhile I start the driving school. I failed 3 times and now I’m still struggling to find a early test and it’s been already half of year since I keep going with those persons. I really hate that, I hate depending on someone, I hate in the morning to start chat with them as I’m not in a mood at 5am. I hate that I had again to talk to I finish the work as I’m too tired after 8 hours. I would like to be just me with myself on my way everywhere I go but I can’t as I have to wait to get my license and I don’t know how long it will take now. I’m too worried it will be a year. I was patient thinking that the 3rd time I will pass and I will can carry on with my favourite job. Is someone having or had same/similar situation? Should I give up the job and find something closer?
Thank you
Original post by HellenFF
Hi guys, I was wondering if I think the same. So, few months I got the best job I ever had. This job is located 25 miles from my house and there are no public transport options available and I don’t drive at the moment. And someone who live 10 minutes away from me offered to give me a lift only if I pay for the fuel. I said okay, the money are not a problem. So I the meanwhile I start the driving school. I failed 3 times and now I’m still struggling to find a early test and it’s been already half of year since I keep going with those persons. I really hate that, I hate depending on someone, I hate in the morning to start chat with them as I’m not in a mood at 5am. I hate that I had again to talk to I finish the work as I’m too tired after 8 hours. I would like to be just me with myself on my way everywhere I go but I can’t as I have to wait to get my license and I don’t know how long it will take now. I’m too worried it will be a year. I was patient thinking that the 3rd time I will pass and I will can carry on with my favourite job. Is someone having or had same/similar situation? Should I give up the job and find something closer?
Thank you

So you hate the person giving you a lift to your favourite job? Well, that makes you quite ungrateful for such a favour.

If you hate the travelling aspect then you have 2 options; move closer to the job or give up the job. You decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending