The Student Room Group

need some advice!

Hey all,
Need some urgent advice! I just got my a-level grades which i was very disappointed in....got 160 points when i was predicted to get 280. Anyway, my firm choice was at brunel for financial computing (260pts) but was rejected from that and my second choice was at herts but got a place in there for accounting and MIS (240 pts). A couple of questions:
1. What options do i have?
2. I was told by brunel that i can do a foundation course, is this worth doing?
3. I can go to herts but keep geting told negative things about that uni from family and friends, is it really that bad?
Many thanks for your help
Sunny
Reply 1
I really dont know about the reputations of either of those unis but i think the most important thing to consider is whether you can imagine yourself there, you must have liked herts to put it as your insurance? How much more do you want to go to brunel? If you wanted to go there a lot more than herts then go for the foundation year!
Reply 2
sunny112
Hey all,
Need some urgent advice! I just got my a-level grades which i was very disappointed in....got 160 points when i was predicted to get 280. Anyway, my firm choice was at brunel for financial computing (260pts) but was rejected from that and my second choice was at herts but got a place in there for accounting and MIS (240 pts). A couple of questions:
1. What options do i have?
2. I was told by brunel that i can do a foundation course, is this worth doing?
3. I can go to herts but keep geting told negative things about that uni from family and friends, is it really that bad?
Many thanks for your help
Sunny

You can either take up your Insurance uni on their Unconditional offer (which should now be your Firm uni), or ask them to release you so that you can choose another course at another uni under UCAS Clearing.

Whether you do a foundation course is a personal decision. Do you really like that course there? Do you like the uni? Ask around, visit, etc.

Can't comment on Herts, although I should say that it doesn't have a good international rep.
Doesn't a foundation degree continue into the normal degree program if you choose to continue your studies in that subject after the 1-2 years program?
Reply 4
Resultsdayforthewin
Doesn't a foundation degree continue into the normal degree program if you choose to continue your studies in that subject after the 1-2 years program?

Yes.
Reply 5
Cheers guys for your responses, very much appreciated.
After rethinking my options and the position i am with 160 pts, i've decided to do the foundation year as it can open more options for me when starting my degree in 2007.
Thanks again,
Sunny
Reply 6
Good luck :smile: Glad you're sorted!

Latest

Trending

Trending