The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't know, I think it depends! I didn't actually bother reading about that before ringing up, it was a very rushed decision. :redface: I did read on Liverpool's website after though that there is plentiful accommodation and I should be able to get into halls, so if that's true then I'm lucky. If there's no accommodation left then I'm sure the university would be helpful in finding you alternative accommodation anyway.
Reply 2
Argh, i don't want alternative or the worst of the worst - SHARED ahhhh.
Some Universities like Manchester guarentee first years accomodation regardless of if they came through clearing or not
Reply 4
Clarence
What is the liklieness that we will get a place in Accomodation??

Clarence, this is a question that only the university accommodation staff can answer. It varies from uni to uni and their individual situation. :smile:
This is why I never wanted to do clearing. It's harder to get accommodation.
Reply 6
If they can't offer accomodation then they will help you find some. You're not thrown out to the lions completely unprotected!
Reply 7
It really really varies from uni to uni and even then from student to student.
I somehow managed to get in to my first choice accommodation last year (and when I say somehow, the head of accommodation wondered how I'd leapfrogged a waiting list of 80 people) but even when it looked like I couldn't go into halls they were offering me uni owned flats and the like.
Reply 8
I really hope I do get into Campus accomodation.
Clarence
Argh, i don't want alternative or the worst of the worst - SHARED ahhhh.

No the worst of the worst is not shared by any means, it's living with a host family! That's what the Sussex situation came down to last year!

I'm sure you'll be fine, there was such a fall in applicants this year and lots of universities are strugling to fill all their places (particularly the ones in clearing), therefore logic only follows that they should still have lots of places for accomodation. Good luck :smile: X

Latest

Trending

Trending