The Student Room Group

If someone offered you £1mil to sleep with your partner, would you let them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Of course.
Original post by Twinport53
Within reason and I have too consent :rolleyes:

Lol, I wouldn't do anything for a million pounds, but for a billion?

I'd probably do anything tbh. Reason need not be involved.

Original post by Ben_Dover
Fair enough....at least you're being honest.

People here are taking the moral high ground but if the time ever comes, I think many would go for it

Exactly. I mean it's not even being materialistic, it's simply using common sense. That amount of money can get rid of so many of life's problems at the same time and all for a simple natural act with no feelings involved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Eva.Gregoria

I would do it for a million tbh :tongue:

Probably anything? :tongue:
Even a billion? Which would mean your entire family can pretty much retire early and live in luxury for the rest of their lives? You'd disagree for something as baseless and simple as sex?

I can have that now, if I give my husband up but money means very little to me and my family.

And you may view sex as simple and baseless but for me and my husband it isn't as simple as that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. I mean it's not even being materialistic, it's simply using common sense. That amount of money can get rid of so many of life's problems at the same time and all for a simple natural act with no feelings involved.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Mother Teresa

Except this has absolutely nothing to do with class, so try again.
Of course! Anyone who says no is a pretentious ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So anybody who does not share the same views as you is somebody you feel the need to insult?

Would not do it for any amount of money and I hope my partner would think the same.

It is not about the money for me it is about the principle, I believe sex is an intimate act with two people who love each other, and is something to be shared between those two people only. I understand that I wouldn't own my future wife so I would like to think she would hold the same opinion.

Religious views also

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
How am I making this personal? I haven't even addressed you or your partner beyond quoting you. I feel like you're too sensitive and deriving offence where there is none.

Am I reading this right? You would go through with this deal even if your partner didn't want you (or him) sleeping with a stranger for cash?

Yep. Morally questionable. :rolleyes:

See you start by saying that then make it personal again. I think you might want to take a long hard look at yourself, cut it out or I'll just report it and not respond to the discussion at hand. And if it isn't directed at me just stop quoting me? you randomly picked me out of the dozens of other posters to start calling 'morally reprehensible'. Using more syllables in a word doesn't stop it being an insult.

And no, you're not reading it right. :facepalm:

Money comes and goes around but jealousy and negative feelings remain, there's also the chance of your partner leaving you when he/she comes into the money. A lot of people change once they become rich you only have to look at the recent lottery winner than divorced his wife for some younger bimbo after hitting the big times. If you don't care for your partner i.e. your relationship isn't serious then accept the offer however accepting this while in a committed and active relationship is just asking for trouble and possibly hurting your partner's feelings.

I would say it was the opposite, silly feelings of jealousy would come and go for me but an injection of funds that large wouldnt just 'go'. I think that what you're failing to grasp here is that it would be a choice made BY MY PARTNER (put in caps because it's taken 5 posts now to try and get this into your head) so there isn't any part of it that is being insensitive to my partner. You might find it bad and would say no. That would then be the end of it. If the person I was with said yes then that would be that. There's not really much more to say on this unless you have a point to make. :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol at people saying yes. You guys really want that money.

No I wouldn't let them. What's mine is mine. I ain't sharing. Go and find your own, simple as.
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
See you start by saying that then make it personal again. I think you might want to take a long hard look at yourself, cut it out or I'll just report it and not respond to the discussion at hand.

And no, you're not reading it right. :facepalm:

I would say it was the opposite, silly feelings of jealousy would come and go for me but an injection of funds that large wouldnt just 'go'. I think that what you're failing to grasp here is that it would be a choice made BY MY PARTNER (put in caps because it's taken 5 posts now to try and get this into your head) so there isn't any part of it that is being insensitive to my partner. You might find it bad and would say no. That would then be the end of it. If the person I was with said yes then that would be that. There's not really much more to say on this unless you have a point to make. :dontknow:

Don't engage in a discussion about sex if you're not willing to talk about the implications of selling yourself or your partner for money, regardless of how you dress it up this is what it boils down to - prostitution.

What will you report me for? Disagreeing with you?

Look, I don't really care. Bye...

Also nice VM you sent me.
Don't engage in a discussion about sex if you're not willing to talk about the implications of selling yourself or your partner for money, regardless of how you dress it up this is what it boils down to - prostitution.

What will you report me for? Disagreeing with you?

Look, I don't really care. Bye...

Also nice VM you sent me.

You quoted me sunshine don't get it twisted :lol:

Seeing as it turns out you didn't have a point after all that, thanks for nothing. I would have reported you for insulting me without warrant, which is not contributing to the discussion and nobody wants to see. This is just a student site where the users want to discuss things with other students, not be told they're disgusting or that they're bad partners. Come on.

Have a nice night.
No, cause I don't care about the money + money doesn't buy love

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes, if it's just a 1 time thing and does not ruin our relationship then yes.
Reply 113
Original post by Blind Ferret
Yes, absolutely. Insecure nonsense aside, I know I can deliver the goods, he's hit-or-miss, plus we'll probably ending up splitting up, so being golden is brilliant.

A hit or miss?
Since I have no partner, I would let someone pay me 1 million to sleep with no-one :P
Original post by iheartplums
(providing your partner also agrees to it)

I think there was a film where this happened but I was just wondering what ppl's responses irl would be...

edit:
People have displayed an interesting range of responses.

wife no

id never forgive myself if it ****ed everything up

excuse the pun...
If they both really wanted to sleep with each other they would anyway, might as well get something out of it
Reply 117
A somewhat hypothetical dilemma mind
To all the people who have a given a resounding "yes" or said that it's a no-brainer, either you've never been in a long-term loving relationship or you're promoting prostitution! (but mainly the relationship thing). The thought of my girlfriend just kissing another guy, with or without money being involved, is hard a pill to swallow. But on top of that, a whole night of sex? No way! Never! Not happening! Regardless of whether you have money in your pocket or not, you can safely say that your relationship will never be the same again if you go through it.

I'm not the clingy or controlling type, but I'd like to know that some things in my life and my girlfriend's life remain exclusive, i.e. the intimacy, kissing and sex.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by superduper9
To all the people who have a given a resounding "yes" or said that it's a no-brainer, either you've never been in a long-term loving relationship or you're promoting prostitution! (but mainly the relationship thing). The thought of my girlfriend just kissing another guy, with or without money being involved, is hard a pill to swallow. But on top of that, a whole night of sex? No way! Never! Not happening! Regardless of whether you have money in your pocket or not, you can safely say that your relationship will never be the same again if you go through it.

I'm not the clingy or controlling type, but I'd like to know that some things in my life and my girlfriend's life remain exclusive, i.e. the intimacy, kissing and sex.

tbh its not about that for me

personally yes she is my wife...but if she wants to why should I stop her...

if it goes arseways because of her choice Id be grand

its more the fact of me saying yes that if it fudged up I couldnt forgive myself

Quick Reply

Latest