The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

PG Advice

Got an offer from Leeds to study my Masters. I have a selection dilemma as I also applied for a masters at Univ. of Sheffield but they’re delaying to respond to my offer and time is not on my side. I prefer to go to Sheffield as am motivated by their course content than Leeds though I know many people will say Leeds is more prestigious. But also I may decide to wait for Sheffield then my deadline dates for paying tuition and others for Leeds expire. Need advice???Thanks
Hi,

Can I ask what Masters you've applied for at Sheffield? Did the department give you a reason for delaying your application? And when did you apply? (Apologies for all the questions, but if I know a little more I might be able to investigate this for you!)

Best wishes,

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by The University of Sheffield
Hi,

Can I ask what Masters you've applied for at Sheffield? Did the department give you a reason for delaying your application? And when did you apply? (Apologies for all the questions, but if I know a little more I might be able to investigate this for you!)

Best wishes,

Hello, I applied for MSc Energy and Environmental eng, i think i applied Nov. 2013 but because my academic transcript wasn't ready they had to first receive it before making a final decision on my offer. I sent the transcript in early May 2014, and upto now am waiting for a decision on my offer. Things are at a slow pace apparently
Thanks
Original post by marko19
Hello, I applied for MSc Energy and Environmental eng, i think i applied Nov. 2013 but because my academic transcript wasn't ready they had to first receive it before making a final decision on my offer. I sent the transcript in early May 2014, and upto now am waiting for a decision on my offer. Things are at a slow pace apparently
Thanks

Hi,

I can only assume that they would have only started processing your application from when they received your academic transcript. It normally takes academic departments around 4 weeks to make a decision, although I've known it to only take a few days depending on the course (it is something that varies from department to department).

I would recommend getting in touch with the admissions team and following this up with them. Quote you applicant number (this would have been on your original application and then again on you application confirmation) and hopefully they'll be able to give you a clearer picture of where your application stands. I would also double-check with them that your academic transcript was received (unless you have already received official confirmation, that is). The admissions officer for postgraduate applications in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering is Maria Soto and her email address is [email protected]. You can also phone her on 0114 222 7500.

I hope this helps you out a bit. If there's anything else you need to know, I'll do my best to find out the answers for you.

Best wishes,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending