The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Yup yup yup.

Soooo cute.

I am getting one called Jeremy and Karen is going to get one called Hammond. :rofl:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
i have no idea what our bunnies will be called. if we get huskies they're going to be hippo & rhino.
Reply 9642
.jen.
Oh sorry :redface: i had absolutely no idea. I guess like you say it's good in the way that you don't spend your time missing him lots, cos if you were really close i can imagine how hard it would be. And like you say with him & your mum still together, it probably does make it easier for you both to still keep a decent relationship with him, rather than him always being there and you both falling out with him in a really awkward way, cos that'd be worse. Going to uni must have worked out for the best anyway though, all your new friends, Simon especially :p: trips to Abisko. All stuff you'd never get chance to have done so soon if you hadn't, so i guess you have him to thank for that :p:

I used to have big fights with my dad too because i was immature and he would always argue back so it would escalate loads cos he always wanted the last word etc :rolleyes: At one point my mum seriously thought they would have to split up because she thought it was tearing the family apart cos he'd get quite nasty with me, and she couldn't see how things would work as a "family" if we both carried on the way we were with each other. But that's a long story and it all sorted itself out. I blame myself for it mainly though, and it stopped pretty quickly when i saw how much it was wearing my mum out with it all and how upset she was that her husband and daughter couldn't even get along at one stage! I don't even think FiL knows all the details about that :p: But yeah, odd story and it's all in the past fortunately and we've somehow become quite close, but we had a scary amount of hate for each other at one point :s We still have petty arguments, but since being at uni and spending time apart we've totally changed with each other and actually show each other some kind of respect :p: It's true that you don't realise what you have until it's not there, and i guess being apart shows you that you do care really.

Anyway! It's very odd how you have no idea about other people at uni. Like you say, your school friends know pretty much everything about you, but we barely know anything beyond the surface! I guess we have plenty of time to find out random things though :p: :smile:

No don't worry, I don't mind in the slightest.

A lot of what you've said sounds similar to the relationship that me and my dad have had. It is so much easier now I'm away at uni and we're not under each other's feet. And when I do get caught up in arguments I've learnt to just shut up and walk away from the situation. It takes incredible self control at times to not to lash out in response or express my opinion and just let him get on with it. Like you say, I mainly do it for the sake of my mum, to make it easier for her.

House meeting time now!
Reply 9643
I could have sworn it was you Jen who pointed out to us what minipigs were this summer when the work Chris was doing involved them somehow. I thought you commented that you though he was just getting mixed up with guineapigs when he kept saying minipigs, before realising they were something different. And me and Simon were like, oooooooo, me too. :p:
Yeah! I think I may have minipig with my pasta and pesto tonight. :p:
Reply 9645
Gosh, it's taken me 50 minutes to do all the washing up...just from 2 days stuff! And it can't be chris's because he hides all his plates in his room for a few days (weeks) and then cleans them. I think it's ria :hmmm:

My stummy is rumbling now.

Do I win the dad competition by not having one? :p:

Although I used to have real issues with my stepdad. He's a really nice guy but, if I did something wrong, or something he didn't like, or anything really, he would go and tell my mum behind my back, and she would have a go at me. And I REALLY hate that, I felt like I was being snitched on all the time. I'd prefer it if he would tell me off! He still does it I guess, but because I'm not home much, I don't notice too much.

My momma and stepdad are the ickiest parent couple though. They smoochie all the time and it's gross :frown:

I blame them for the way I turned out. And ria. :biggrin:
Ria has a lot to answer for! :eek3:
Reply 9647
I think Simon's family is weird in that it's the most normal family I've ever come across. :p:

(I mean that in a good way Simon :smile:.)
Apart from me. ;yes;
Reply 9649
hoy, stop blaming me darielle!!!!!!!!
RUDENESS!
and now to continue with work seeing as i missed hollyoaks...shock horror!
brak3n
I could have sworn it was you Jen who pointed out to us what minipigs were this summer when the work Chris was doing involved them somehow. I thought you commented that you though he was just getting mixed up with guineapigs when he kept saying minipigs, before realising they were something different. And me and Simon were like, oooooooo, me too. :p:

No that was me.
I spent 4 hours in IT today - went through every session schedule again.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Oh except for the last one - the current schedule there was a question, with data for 8weeks and 16 weeks or something, and they had a p value of p=0.04 and I kept getting p=0.02. Just me? :frown:
#zomg#

I thought you'd been in there for ages as I never see you there. :hmmmm:

Oh. I really want a minipig. ;yes;
Also I never talk to my parents about any of you. Not really even jen. They kinda know darielle and ria exist cos they've met them in passing. Don't think they know of karen and simon :frown:
inferiormadbeing
#zomg#

I thought you'd been in there for ages as I never see you there. :hmmmm:

Oh. I really want a minipig. ;yes;

I mistyped - it was 4 hours instead of 5. Still uberkeen!
Reply 9655
Oh dear, I'm in a very philosophical mood. Any advice, come this way. :p:

P.S. Your grandma is still the coolest chris. I AM adopting her.
Thats still just plain silly! :p:

Erm if I have a red smartie and a green smartie which should I eat first Dazi?
peel the sugar coatings off - then mash it into a powder - consume with chocolate cores. thats fair
HA she's my grandma darielle :aetsch: i shall be related to the little sweetheart one day :biggrin:

and your parents do know of simon & karen cos they slept with us there!
She'll be dead by then

Latest

Trending

Trending