The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Undergraduate Study- 2015

Hi guys! Just wondering if there is anyone thinking of Surrey as one of their options to study at next September :smile: if so what courses & generally just to see if anyone is interested like myself.
Reply 1
Yes! Went to the open day last Friday. Loved the university. I'm looking to apply for Business Management (Marketing) this coming September. You?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Yes very interested in Surrey uni, looking to study Computing and Information Technology for 2015 entry. Although I'm interested I'm feeling sceptical because I'm currently studying the BTEC l3 extended ND in ICT. On their website they state D*DD - DDD in an appropriate science subject. The grades are not a problem because I'm predicted D*D*D*. However, what is the problem is I'm not sure if the subject I'm studying is a science related subject. Any thoughts on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by G.Fecci
Yes very interested in Surrey uni, looking to study Computing and Information Technology for 2015 entry. Although I'm interested I'm feeling sceptical because I'm currently studying the BTEC l3 extended ND in ICT. On their website they state D*DD - DDD in an appropriate science subject. The grades are not a problem because I'm predicted D*D*D*. However, what is the problem is I'm not sure if the subject I'm studying is a science related subject. Any thoughts on this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Science subjects tend to include only maths, physics, chemistry, biology, and sometimes but not always psychology.

ICT unfortunately will definitely not be counted as a science subject.

Edit - Although the way they phrase it as "appropriate science subject", they may make exceptions for non-science subjects directly related to the course, as yours is likely to be. You'll have to phone/email the admissions department though to get a definite answer.
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply! Tbh I was thinking the same but I am awaiting a reply from Surrey uni. On the UCAS website it says "In an appropriate subject" but on Surrey uni website it says "in an appropriate science subject"

Looks a very good uni for computing, so hope my course will be within the entry requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kavv
Yes! Went to the open day last Friday. Loved the university. I'm looking to apply for Business Management (Marketing) this coming September. You?

Ahh lots of people doing Business & Science courses I've spoken too. I'm into the Dance/Theatre Studies course because I like the Performing Arts :wink: and its great to have a Uni in the local area because I'm from Guildford. So have any more questions please ask :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Chloe_Jarvis97
Ahh lots of people doing Business & Science courses I've spoken too. I'm into the Dance/Theatre Studies course because I like the Performing Arts :wink: and its great to have a Uni in the local area because I'm from Guildford. So have any more questions please ask :smile:

What's Guildford like? I heard they have a Five Guys located somewhere. I'm going to be fat if that's the case. How far is the town centre from the university by walk?
Original post by Kavv
What's Guildford like? I heard they have a Five Guys located somewhere. I'm going to be fat if that's the case. How far is the town centre from the university by walk?

Yea Guildford is really nice :smile: lovely town. Haha yes there is a Five Guys in the town probably been there just over a month or so. And the town is probably like 10-20 min walk I say, you can also get the bus in. Its not long.
Hey :smile: I'll be applying to (definitely) International Events Management and (maybe) Professional Production Skills. I haven't been to the uni yet but the reputation and pictures look amazing.
Hi, I'm currently a second year at the University of Surrey. Feel free to ask me any questions :smile:
Original post by Mikeortolan
Hi, I'm currently a second year at the University of Surrey. Feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

Hey :smile: what are you studying?
Original post by LeatherMel
Hey :smile: I'll be applying to (definitely) International Events Management and (maybe) Professional Production Skills. I haven't been to the uni yet but the reputation and pictures look amazing.

Wow that sounds pretty cool! Yes the Uni in Surrey is amazing! Especially being a local myself I hear a lot about it all the time :smile: its pretty big and has got some of the best facilities I've seen at a Uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending