The Student Room Group

How to make the summer before starting university useful?

Hi there, I was hoping to get a part time job over the summer but I'm only just working on my CV now so think I've left it a bit late! Any tips on how I can make sure I'll get a job when I go to uni (hopefully at Leeds, I'm currently living in Hull) or just generally make this summer useful? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
I'm also going to university in September.
I'd suggest finishing your CV off as soon as possible and start finding and applying for jobs even your only going to end up being there for 2 months or something its worth getting that extra money. ( After months of job seeking for a summer job I've finally got some interviews lined up.)

If you want a part-time job whilst at uni I heard it might be easier as employers would be targeting students, the university it self will probably be hiring students as well.
Original post by WMichael
I'm also going to university in September.
I'd suggest finishing your CV off as soon as possible and start finding and applying for jobs even your only going to end up being there for 2 months or something its worth getting that extra money. ( After months of job seeking for a summer job I've finally got some interviews lined up.)

If you want a part-time job whilst at uni I heard it might be easier as employers would be targeting students, the university it self will probably be hiring students as well.

Yeah, I've managed to just about finish my CV today and am planning to hand it out to various places on Monday. I'm hoping to find some sort of chain or franchise store so that if I move to Leeds in September they could simply relocate me to another store there. Good luck with your interviews! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by BoyWithTheThorn
Yeah, I've managed to just about finish my CV today and am planning to hand it out to various places on Monday. I'm hoping to find some sort of chain or franchise store so that if I move to Leeds in September they could simply relocate me to another store there. Good luck with your interviews! :smile:

Thanks, and good luck too with the jobseeking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending