The Student Room Group

Bad attendance at A-level??

My attendance this last year of my A-levels has been absolutely terrible- I've been so ill! I suffer from Migraines and I'm under three different consultants at the hospital, all for separate issues. The thing is, I really want to go to university and I'm scared that this will affect me getting offered a place at MMU (Manchester met uni). My grades aren't a problem since they're AAA, but I'm just so worried!!
Don't worry man, last year at college my attendance was 57% and I ended up getting into Cambridge, I know I shouldn't brag about it but you actually have a excuse as to why you did not attend, I don't.
Reply 2
They will have a go at you about it but seriously it wont affect your chances at getting into uni. I finished year 13 with an attendance of 54% and it never affected me in any way other than the mess of a head telling me its losing them funding.......
Reply 3
Original post by yoyoyo48
My attendance this last year of my A-levels has been absolutely terrible- I've been so ill! I suffer from Migraines and I'm under three different consultants at the hospital, all for separate issues. The thing is, I really want to go to university and I'm scared that this will affect me getting offered a place at MMU (Manchester met uni). My grades aren't a problem since they're AAA, but I'm just so worried!!

What's your attendance like? like percentage wise?
Mine was awful in the second year. I was sick from December until about April. I was off so much, but I still got in. I'm sure it'll be fine :smile:
Original post by yoyoyo48

If you have 3 A's at A-Level, why would you choose to go to a metropolitan university? :hmmmm2:

I'm sure there are other, more reputable, universities offering your choice of course to an equal or higher standard
Original post by Anonymοοse
If you have 3 A's at A-Level, why would you choose to go to a metropolitan university? :hmmmm2:

I'm sure there are other, more reputable, universities offering your choice of course to an equal or higher standard

This. Unless your course isn't offered anywhere else, I'd be looking at 'better' universities.

There isn't anything inherently WRONG with MMU, OP, but people will see going there as a 'waste' with those grades. If you want Manchester then definitely look at the Uni of Manchester rather than the met.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymοοse

Maybe that university is the one that appeals most to them. Reputation isnt everything.

Quick Reply

Latest