The Student Room Group

Should i transfer from Solent to Sussex :(? Can't decide...send help.

Basically, im really having some difficulty on deciding whether to transfer universities. Im going into my second year and thinking of transferring from my Popular Music Journalism course at solent , onto yr 1 of Media Practice at Sussex. Im quite aware of Solents poor status and really dislike the town/uni. Ive been wanting to transfer since January, though I'm afraid of losing the amazing friends that I have made. Its the social life which has kept me here so long and im just scared of losing these bonds.

Furthermore, as both of degree's are media based, its hard to tell if the degree im transferring onto would actually increase my chances of employability? Im finding it hard to gage if its worth the jump, but I need to come to a decision soon as i'am applying through clearing. I'm soo stuck :frown:.
If someone could just advise me on what's the best thing to do, then that would be great.

Cheers, Ellie.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Elliejaygee
Basically, im really having some difficulty on deciding whether to transfer universities. Im going into my second year and thinking of transferring from my Popular Music Journalism course at solent , onto yr 1 of Media Practice at Sussex. Im quite aware of Solents poor status and really dislike the town/uni. Ive been wanting to transfer since January, though I'm afraid of losing the amazing friends that I have made. Its the social life which has kept me here so long and im just scared of losing these bonds.

Furthermore, as both of degree's are media based, its hard to tell if the degree im transferring onto would actually increase my chances of employability? Im finding it hard to gage if its worth the jump, but I need to come to a decision soon as i'am applying through clearing. I'm soo stuck :frown:.
If someone could just advise me on what's the best thing to do, then that would be great.

Cheers, Ellie.

Southampton Solent?

It looks like a very nice University and area.
Reply 2
Each to their own I guess. Its just not for me.
Reply 3
Each to their own I guess. Its just not for me.

What is it that's putting you off?

It's a very reputable University. It's in The Times best Universities too.
Reply 4
Original post by OllieDS
What is it that's putting you off?

It's a very reputable University. It's in The Times best Universities too.

Dude...you're being sarcastic aren't you?
Reply 5
Dude...you're being sarcastic aren't you?

Solent is the 63rd best University in the United Kingdom for Journalism & Media Studies which makes it the top half.

That's not bad but Sussex is 16th for that category which is obviously incredibly good.

You could always apply anyway and if you get offered a place then you can properly consider it?

In my opinion, a degree is a degree. Doubt the difference between you landing a specific job or not will be decided on if you went to Sussex over Solent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending