The Student Room Group

Are you a summer or winter person?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simplylldxo
What month were you born in? I'm September :smile:

Ah, I'm an October baby :tongue:

I like September as well because it's still warm-ish and a little cool at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spring :wink: so fresh and everything starts to become really green! Plus bluebells are gorgeous. Not too hot and not too cold.
WINTER- is by far the best season.. For me I can enjoy it a lot more because I personally think there's a lot more things/activities you can do e.g ice skating, sledging etc etc. Plus I hate summer because when it gets too hot you can only wear a certain number of layers: go down to a bikini, shorts and if you're still not cool enough then well you're screwed oh and also another thing I absolutely CANNOT stand is how whenever there's a little bit of sun out (and I mean like 10% sun) everyone over exaggerates it and start wearing shorts etc. When it's not even 'hot' that annoys me soooo much. In winter you can wear as many layers as you want so it's a lot easier to keep yourself warm in my opinion!
As I live in a cottage also I'm used to the cold anyway as we have no wall insulation so when its hot I'm.not used to it because I'm always experiencing the cold ahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
Winter!! I made a thread a while ago ranting about summer . I hate it mainly because of how hot it gets, not being able to sleep and the fact that the cast of Bugs Life accomodate my bathroom every night :colonhash:

I'm just a much happier person in the winter :h:

100% this!

I hate the Summer for the exact same reasons! I'm constantly getting told "enjoy the hot weather, we don't have it often" but i just can't stand it at all :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Although i get hay-fever and the hot nights can make for miserable sleepy-time. I still prefer the Summer.
I hate summer :colonhash:
Original post by TheTechN1304
I hate summer :colonhash:

Hahaha I 'should' love summerr because I'm a August baby but I can not stand it ahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Ah, I'm an October baby :tongue:

I like September as well because it's still warm-ish and a little cool at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the end of September baby where it's becoming more fresh 😜
Definitely winter, prefer winter fashion and I hate it when it's hot because it makes you sweaty and as a result makes you feel dirty and feel the need for a shower every 30 minutes and in some cases makes you stink too, hard to sleep sometimes and to breathe, the whole thing is generally uncomfortable. If you're cold you can put a jumper on, a coat, thicker bed sheets but with summer even if you wear less clothing etc it doesn't help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Serena20
100% this!

I hate the Summer for the exact same reasons! I'm constantly getting told "enjoy the hot weather, we don't have it often" but i just can't stand it at all :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeaaah everyone says that to me too. I love the cold, rainy British weather (yes, I complain about the cold sometimes but who doesn't right? :wink: ) . I don't think I could live in a very hot country as i'd probably just melt :redface:
I like a bit of both.
I like winter because of christmas, snow, and things like bonfire night etc. I also dont have a great pair of legs etc to show off in the summer. And the weather we have at the moment if a bit too hot.
I like summer because of the long sunny evenigs.
I love winter as I like winter fashion like knitted dresses, thick cardigans, tights and boots. I also like it when the weather is gloomy, frosty and rainy and the early dark evenings make me feel cosier when I'm at home. My birthday is also in the winter as well as Christmas. In the summer I always feel really self conscious about my body so it's a choice of either feeling really awkward in shorts and skirts or spontaneously combusting. I can't sleep in the summer and I flail around screaming at the sight of pretty much every insect so summer is not for me.
Winter , but if only the days were longer. That would be perfect.
Original post by NikolaT
As much as I love the summer, I'm glad winter is coming.

Sneaky GoT reference, I see :wink:
Original post by Claros
I love winter as I like winter fashion like knitted dresses, thick cardigans, tights and boots. I also like it when the weather is gloomy, frosty and rainy and the early dark evenings make me feel cosier when I'm at home. My birthday is also in the winter as well as Christmas. In the summer I always feel really self conscious about my body so it's a choice of either feeling really awkward in shorts and skirts or spontaneously combusting. I can't sleep in the summer and I flail around screaming at the sight of pretty much every insect so summer is not for me.

Basically me in two sentences xD I actually came here to comment exactly that :tongue:
Winter. Hate summer weather and summer clothes.
Winter, definitely. I love wearing coats and I like wearing winter clothes better than summer clothes. It's no effort in the winter, you can just put a coat on and slip into some jeans. I love having hot chocolate every night as well, yum. In the summer when it gets too hot all you can really do is take off all your clothes which most people don't do(I think...) but in the winter it's easy to get warm.
I prefer summer over winter because of the fact that during summer, you're more likely to go and do fun things and engage in hobbies more than you do during winter, with Christmas interrupting and general workloads and it's cold so you never want to engage in the stuff you enjoy.

However, weather wise, screw the two and give me a cycle of September, October, March, April, May instead of the seasons we already have.
I HATE winter. I actually get depressed thinking about it. When it starts getting dark earlier it feels so sad and gloomy. Summer is just the best of everything - I hate being cold and having to wear loads of layers, I hate the rain, I hate the dark, I hate freezing to death on nights out and I especially hate the fact I seem to get really ill every single winter.

In summer I am just happy, everything is easy. I never complain about the heat (especially now, having spent the last 6 weeks in Asia...! This isn't real heat people!)
summer!! it makes me feel happy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest