The Student Room Group

Is psychology at Bristol very scietific/mathematical?

So maybe a stupid question... But I want to take Psych at uni and I just wondered if Bristol had more emphasis on statistics modules than other places. I like Science but am pretty bad at maths. I've got by fine at AS but my two other A levels will be French and History so I'm probably not the best candidate for a really sciency place...
Original post by imogenml
So maybe a stupid question... But I want to take Psych at uni and I just wondered if Bristol had more emphasis on statistics modules than other places. I like Science but am pretty bad at maths. I've got by fine at AS but my two other A levels will be French and History so I'm probably not the best candidate for a really sciency place...

*bump*
[scroll]:ninja:[/scroll]

Hopefully someone will see this now and get back to you. :smile:
TBH you'd probably be better off asking bristol students without A2 maths how they coped with the stats there, it's pretty unlikely anyone on TSR's done the same course at two unis in order to do a comparison.
Reply 3
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
*bump*

:smile: Thanks so much!!
Reply 4
Original post by Joinedup
TBH you'd probably be better off asking bristol students without A2 maths how they coped with the stats there, it's pretty unlikely anyone on TSR's done the same course at two unis in order to do a comparison.

Yes that's a good point. I was just wondering what their reputation was, and if people who hadn't done maths still applied there.
:smile: Thanks so much!!

Yes that's a good point. I was just wondering what their reputation was, and if people who hadn't done maths still applied there.

Also, I don't know if you guys have come across the new Connect pages, but you should go check it out because it's super, super useful and let's you connect with other people who are applying to the same courses as you! :smile:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
*bump*

You should be fine for any psychology degree not having done maths. A Level maths doesn't really help for stats unless you did a statistics module.

Quick Reply

Latest