The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Max Rayne House

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im so depressed. ive been dumped in it too :frown::frown: i think i might go for private too...is there anyone who as actually been to max rayne or has stayed there before??? xxx
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
I lived in Max Rayne last year. Can't say it was the nicest halls as the facilites (mainly the kitchen) weren't great. But it is the cheapest going & pretty sociable. The rooms are a reasonable size in comparison to some I've seen. Camden is a bit further out but the bus stop is right outside, alternatively you can walk & as the halls are quite big there is probably someone on your course you can walk with. The bar in the grounds is a convenient social meeting place & you can make friends that you only see in there! The halls aren't non-smoking, most of UCl's aren't I think. You can't smoke in the corridors but people smoke in the rooms as long as they aren't under the smoke detector!

Not sure what else there is to add atm
Claire

oh if anyone gets put on L corridor that was my corridor last year!
I'm in Max Rayne! It's ugly! and I'm sharing!
I'm sorry to whom i'm sharing with btw if it is any of you lot...
Reply 23
:frown:.im so not looking forward to it.does anyone have anything positive to say baout it? and do we spend a lot of time in halls anyway?
Well at least we'll all have something in common then - we all hate our accommodation!
Reply 25
at least u lot have accomodation lol!!!!! they stll havent done ne thing about mine (yet) :p: Im doing.......... MEchanical engineering!!!!! wha every1 else doing????
Reply 26
starzrblue
Well at least we'll all have something in common then - we all hate our accommodation!

oh i msure ull all love it even tho ive heard u guys say its like a dump lol... y d oi say this?? because.......... normally these places have kool ppl i nthem so its ok!!!!!!!!!!! ive also noticed is manily the girls complaining about sharing lol!!!!!!!!!! :p: hehe ... even tho id have my doubts about sharing if its with sum wierdo ......

Prolly see u al lthere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (even tho i dont know ne of u!!!!!!!):suitc:
Reply 27
Heya fellow max rayners! ws jst wundrin if there r any of u first year medics, as seems like thers a lot of post graduates!
mechanic
Heya fellow max rayners! ws jst wundrin if there r any of u first year medics, as seems like thers a lot of post graduates!

I'm a 1st year BSc student!
Reply 29
I guess the good thing with so many people in Max Rayne being dumped in shared accommodation against their will is that we'll have people to look for private housing with for January!

I hope the kitchens aren't too bad...
Reply 30
Urgh NOT looking forward to spending a whole year sharing...Tho i'm doing Russian and Spanish so I'm in Russia for the last 4 weeks, which I'm sure will be a relief for my roomie!!!Think I'll probably be walking most of the time, it's what I do down here on the Ramsgate seaside, but when I've got my double bass on my back that might not really be practical...
Anyone know how many ppl to a bathroom? If there's a microwave?
I've just raided the kitchen for old cultery etc, there's a big pile growing outside my room...
Reply 31
Hehe, just been offered a single room in Max Rayne. And I thought that I was done for... I must admit, it does look rather skanky from the pictures.
And does anybody know whether it's a smoking residence? Dear GOD let it be a smoking residence.
Reply 32
Yay, a 1st year russianist smoker in my house!!!! Smoking's ok in rooms (might upset some roommates tho), as long as it's not under the fire alarm, for obviously reasons. I haven't had a cigarette for over a week and I neeeeeed one. Lucky bastard getting a single room, though I'm hoping that may remedy itself. Or maybe not if I don't get a job.
Reply 33
Oh god, it's not one of those 'you can smoke, but only with your window open and fag out the window,' houses is it?!
And the commute's gonna be fairly hilarious each morning.
I'm praying my roommate doesn't smoke, i have asthma, and smoke leaves me coughing so damn much!
Reply 35
I'm hoping that there aren't too many smokers, I don't mind people smoking, but I would prefer it if they didn't'!
Reply 36
Is it a smoking residence though? And I'm fairly certain that there will be measures in place to seperate the majority of smokers and non smokers. I'm sure there will be corridors that will be designated for smokers, which will inevitably be where everyone will come on a friday night to pick up...
And I'm really worried about falling out with people as a result of smoking. It's just a huge falling out waiting to happen.
Reply 37
I'm sure everyone can come to an agreement, and the commute shouldn't be too bad, should have people to talk to on the way there!
Reply 38
Yeah, I don't really mind going outside to smoke if my roommate doesn't like it....especially as I put non-smoker on my form cause I wasn't at the time!!!
Reply 39
I'm intent on quitting when I get there but it would be nice to know there's somewhere I can go (like a courtyard or room or something) if I have a moment of weakness. No one fancy quitting with me? Come on, we can all go and buy nicorette together...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending