The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

St. Peter's Court

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Umm well if ready constitutes pans, food, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, tuppaware, clothes and basically everything thing else one could possibly need (including two wooden spoons) all over my floor in a haphazard fashion then yes. I am. How about you?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 101
which is best? buying all ur pans etc before you go and having 6 or 7 lots in each flat, or is it best to wait and buy them as a group?
LisaPizza
Umm well if ready constitutes pans, food, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, tuppaware, clothes and basically everything thing else one could possibly need (including two wooden spoons) all over my floor in a haphazard fashion then yes. I am. How about you?

sounds like the state of my place at the mo :p:

im pretty sure internet is included too, ive emailed myself the page from the nh website that says it is so if it isnt ill complain :biggrin:
Reply 103
dvy
which is best? buying all ur pans etc before you go and having 6 or 7 lots in each flat, or is it best to wait and buy them as a group?

Well i'm taking the ones my brother used when he went to uni (Hes married now and got some as a gift) and i just think I might as well have some now because they'll last all through uni and a good few years if theyre decent ones. I'm only taking two "pots" with lids and 1/2 frying pans so they wont take up that much space.

And wainwright, yeh I really hope the internet is free, reading around posts from last year, it seems it was really slow, so hopefully theyve sorted it out for this year
Yeah i hope the internet is fixed now! if we're paying for it to be slow and rubbish then I sense a mass complaint...
Reply 105
Okay im talking to my friend online whos going to Nottingham uni..

hi lisa
Sajad says:
i enquired about the internet today
Lisa says:
hey
Sajad says:
you get the basic one free but if you want the super one you have to pay
Lisa says:
really
Lisa says:
whats the difference
Sajad says:
like 16quid a month
Lisa says:
:eek: whats basic
Sajad says:
i don't know

:frown:

hes going to St Peters Court too
Reply 106
well....i hope the basic 1 is not too slow!! btw...i dont think all my stuff i want to bring wil fit in the car...loll...i just about got all my clothes in to a huge suitcase...n den i got another suitcase for my shoes n a few more clothes loll....n i got a little suitcase full of accesories like bags n belts...loll....but still ive got so much to take....might hav 2 persuade my uncle to take his car aswell...lol..otherwise it wont fit...any1 else havin this problem?? or am i takin too much stuff...loll
Reply 107
Saira, stop being such a WOMAN.LOL. Ur takin too much. did u say a SUITCASE full off belts n bags????And about the internet, i agree with u wainwright. If its too slow we ALL have to UNITE and demand for value for money service!!!!!!!11
yeah i heard that the upgrade is better with skype phones and webcams which i may want to use.... the woman at st peters told me that on the phone but she sounded a bit clueless!

gonna wait to see what the ordinary is like i think before deciding, if i get the upgrade i can get a skype phone.
saira2369
well....i hope the basic 1 is not too slow!! btw...i dont think all my stuff i want to bring wil fit in the car...loll...i just about got all my clothes in to a huge suitcase...n den i got another suitcase for my shoes n a few more clothes loll....n i got a little suitcase full of accesories like bags n belts...loll....but still ive got so much to take....might hav 2 persuade my uncle to take his car aswell...lol..otherwise it wont fit...any1 else havin this problem?? or am i takin too much stuff...loll

did you say a suitcase full of bags and belts?! :confused:

im taking two cases (one clothes, one room essentials like dvds, books, speakers)

then cardboard boxes of food and kitchen stuff, loads of begs of bedding and towels, toiletry bag and my laptop. its all so heavy though, i hope the car doesnt suddenly chugger to a halt on the motorway...
Reply 110
hey, no i am also majorly stressin about how i am gonna fit all my stuff in the car, my mum has gone mad buyin me bedding, like a new quilt and pillows and throws etc for "when your cold in winter" and got kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, files, notes, clothes, cds, dvds, bedroom accessories etc..............:confused: x
Reply 111
I havent even Packed!!! So i cant really do a suitcase count. LOL. Need to do it nite b4, hahahaha.
yeah like all the girls have been thinking for weeks what clothes to take and guys will just do it last minute :rolleyes:

we're such stereotypes :biggrin:
Reply 113
Atleast you can admit it!!! Wainwright wat part of london u coming from n wat day u lookin 2 go, sat or sun?????
Reply 114
hey peeps.. im applying for notts uni in 07.. can u guys tell me abit more bout St Peters Ct Halls?
Reply 115
Where are you doing your course? If it's on uni park i definitely wouldn't live there. Most people would recommend halls but if you really want Catreed Broudgate is probably the best, depending on where your course is. xx
Reply 116
hey mousey.. im doin my course at jubilee. St peters court is near there rite?
Reply 117
Yes it is. If you really want self-catered then that's probably the best place for you then. I would recommend halls and using the hopper bus still though, it offers a unique experience and the general consensus is people get more out of halls in their first year than self-catered. BUt it's up to you. xx
the ordinary internet is fast don't worry,just means that you can't download soooo much if you're a download freak or something,and yes the super connection is faster,but most students stick with the basic package.do not however that only one laptop/pc is allowed per connection,so you're friend can't plug in their laptop because it won't work for them.if your friend wants to use the internet,you'd have to call up your service provider and they'll change it for you.
mousey
Where are you doing your course? If it's on uni park i definitely wouldn't live there. Most people would recommend halls but if you really want Catreed Broudgate is probably the best, depending on where your course is. xx

broadgate isn't catered,it's self-catered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending