The Student Room Group

Do universities tend to care about your GCSE results or is it just A-Level's?

I'm worried about my GCSE grades affecting my chances of getting into a good uni but I'm going to put 100% into my A-Levels so I was unsure?
Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe A Levels count more. But to be reassured on this matter, be sure to refer to the internet for additional content.
Reply 2
Im pretty sure my unis cared more about my A levels than GCSEs (As they were meh)
Original post by Meg321
I'm worried about my GCSE grades affecting my chances of getting into a good uni but I'm going to put 100% into my A-Levels so I was unsure?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Some do, some don't and this is for some courses

For example
Some courses want Bs in Ma and En rather than just Cs
UCL (maybe others) want a MFL
Oxford (and others) look for A and A* grades

The main reason GCSEs are used is if AS grades are poorer than the predictions imply
(edited 9 years ago)
Your top 5/6 universities may use GCSEs to filter applicants otherwise as long as you have 5 A*- C and the relevant grades in specific subjects your A levels are the thing that will make a difference.
Well,what if your AS level grades were good but your IGCSE grades were disappointing?I got an A and 3 Bs at AS levels.However,at IGCSES,I got A's,B's and a D.Now,do I have chances of getting into a russel group university in particular LSE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending