The Student Room Group

Sport at uni

How many teams do you think you'll be able to handle on top of your course? Current uni students please comment especially
Reply 1
Depends how serious you are with the sport, if you're looking at being in the top team/very competitive team the I'd say only the one. Whereas if you just want to join in for fitness, friends, and fun, then it's manageable to do several. 2nd year I did hockey, badminton and rugby and kept on top of my work.
However for third year I'm dropping it down to just the one team :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cathrg26
How many teams do you think you'll be able to handle on top of your course? Current uni students please comment especially

Depends if you mean actually being in the team or just being in the club. A lot of sports clubs allow you to vary your participation a lot: all the outdoors clubs, martial arts etc. It's only if you're part of an actual team that plays regularly then you need to make a commitment.

I would say it's difficult to be in more than one team at any sort of decent level, if nothing else then because matches and training sessions will tend to clash.

But you can probably sustain a reasonable level of involvement in three to four clubs and societies in general, and probably a maximum of two committee memberships. It depends on your course, level of organisation etc.

In the first year you should join and try out a few different things, particularly stuff you've never done before.
Original post by almostmaybe
Depends if you mean actually being in the team or just being in the club. A lot of sports clubs allow you to vary your participation a lot: all the outdoors clubs, martial arts etc. It's only if you're part of an actual team that plays regularly then you need to make a commitment.

I would say it's difficult to be in more than one team at any sort of decent level, if nothing else then because matches and training sessions will tend to clash.

But you can probably sustain a reasonable level of involvement in three to four clubs and societies in general, and probably a maximum of two committee memberships. It depends on your course, level of organisation etc.

In the first year you should join and try out a few different things, particularly stuff you've never done before.

This. Most of BUCS will be on a Wednesday afternoon so you won't be able to regularly compete with more than one club. But you can be part of several.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending