The Student Room Group

GUYS: do you like high-waisted shorts on girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bertstare
They look ****ing god awful on 99% of females, do yourself a favour and burn them

das it mane
Reply 21
I think it's incredibly cheap and tacky. If you're thin with a cute bottom go for it. Unfortunately this rules out most of the females that like to wear them with their ass cheeks hanging out and their vagina pooling out.
Original post by meenu89
I think you should wear what you want to wear and not worry about boys think.

That's a pretty useless contribution, seeing as in my OP I did say that I wouldn't dress just to impress boys, but that I was just wondering opinions.

Original post by Dinaa
These threads are so stupid ffs.
YES there are guys who do like them.
YES there are guys who dislike them.

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, obviously, but I'm just trying to see which way the general consensus on here swings. :rolleyes:
I think they look tacky. ::

They only look half way alright on girls who work out and have firmer bums.

Fat and flabby, or flat and flabby they aren't flattering.
Reply 24
Original post by Peaches and Cream
So I have a couple of pairs of high-waisted shorts because I find them more flattering on me than the low-rise ones.

But I've read online quite a lot that guys really hate this trend and find it unattractive, so I'd like to take this question to the TSRians!

What do you think?

(Also before anyone says I should dress how I like and not to impress guys, I do that anyway. I just want to see your opinions.)

EDIT: I'm quite thin (size 4-6), weigh 40kg and am 5' 2". Don't tell me I'm underweight, I know that and I'm working on it. I don't have an entirely flat arse, but it's not big either.

40KG looooool, then again, 5'2, its weird to think im a foot taller than you...

to answer the question, if the girl looks good, yes, if she doesnt... no thanks maaate

Original post by Doob

Erm I understand that the 40kg might be shocking but 5'2" REALLY isn't that uncommon, and my boyfriend's 6'3" - not weird at all to be a foot taller? :lolwut:
Why is everyone associating high waisted shorts with bums hanging out? Not all of them do. I like wearing high waisted shorts and I think they look good on me.

Similar to this:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yennibubs
Why is everyone associating high waisted shorts with bums hanging out? Not all of them do. I like wearing high waisted shorts and I think they look good on me.

This really? My arse doesn't hang out of my shorts either :tongue:

Also if thry don't look high waisted because there's a top covering the waistline, does it really make a difference?

Guys make no sense to me :lol:
This really? My arse doesn't hang out of my shorts either :tongue:

Also if thry don't look high waisted because there's a top covering the waistline, does it really make a difference?

Guys make no sense to me :lol:

That's what I mean. Not all high waisted shorts have their ass hanging out of it. I wear them all the time but not one bit of cheek hangs out the sides lol. I find them very flattering if you have a little bit of a belly as well on those bloated days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doob

to answer the question, if the girl looks good, yes, if she doesnt... no thanks maaate

Those shorts look tacky regardless of body shape tbh. That's a no-no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by yennibubs
Those shorts look tacky regardless of body shape tbh. That's a no-no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Title: 'Re: GUYS: do you like high-waisted shorts on girls? '
Original post by Doob

Statement made was still true.
Reply 32
Original post by Merlot-Onous
Statement made was still true.

because your opinion is universal?:cool:
Original post by Doob

My bad. Didn't realise I couldn't express my opinion as it's a male-only zone. Obviously I am the only girl ever to have posted in a thread aimed for guys. What can I say? I'm a wild one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I have a couple of pairs of high-waisted shorts because I find them more flattering on me than the low-rise ones.

But I've read online quite a lot that guys really hate this trend and find it unattractive, so I'd like to take this question to the TSRians!

What do you think?

(Also before anyone says I should dress how I like and not to impress guys, I do that anyway. I just want to see your opinions.)

EDIT: I'm quite thin (size 4-6), weigh 40kg and am 5' 2". Don't tell me I'm underweight, I know that and I'm working on it. I don't have an entirely flat arse, but it's not big either.

Sure. :wink:
Original post by Doob
because your opinion is universal?:cool:

I'd imagine so.
Sorry OP to bust in since I'm not a guy, but I mostly wear high waisted jeans and couldn't resist xD
Girl point of view: If you have the body shape for the short's lining, then they fit perfectly, feel comfortable as hell, and look neat. If they feel uncomfortable, they probably don't look that good either. What I mean by that is that some have a thinner waistline, are straight (in terms of waist-hip ratio), have a larger hipline, etc. for all the body shapes. If you find the one that matches your body shape, you can't go wrong ;D

Spoiler

Original post by Juichiro
Sure. :wink:

Er well quite a few guys have expressed hate for them and I haven't rushed out to burn or throw away my 2 pairs of high waisted shorts, so yeah, was just seeing their opinion. :rolleyes:

Original post by LaMandarine
Sorry OP to bust in since I'm not a guy, but I mostly wear high waisted jeans and couldn't resist xD
Girl point of view: If you have the body shape for the short's lining, then they fit perfectly, feel comfortable as hell, and look neat. If they feel uncomfortable, they probably don't look that good either. What I mean by that is that some have a thinner waistline, are straight (in terms of waist-hip ratio), have a larger hipline, etc. for all the body shapes. If you find the one that matches your body shape, you can't go wrong ;D

Spoiler

Haha don't be sorry! I think those shorts look fab! Mine are slightly different - more fitted than those. I also love high waisted stuff! I have, as mentioned above, 2 pairs of high waisted shorts, and also 2 pairs of high waisted jeans - so comfy and they make me look taller too, love them!
I think they're really cute! Not that I own any... Now that I know guys don't like them I'm gonna buy my self a few pairs
Er well quite a few guys have expressed hate for them and I haven't rushed out to burn or throw away my 2 pairs of high waisted shorts, so yeah, was just seeing their opinion. :rolleyes:

Haha don't be sorry! I think those shorts look fab! Mine are slightly different - more fitted than those. I also love high waisted stuff! I have, as mentioned above, 2 pairs of high waisted shorts, and also 2 pairs of high waisted jeans - so comfy and they make me look taller too, love them!

Same ^____^ 2 shorts and 2 jeans, haha. My mom was a bit more curvy than me, and had a thicker waist. Those shorts have a 12 cm waist difference, but the material is soooo good and strong, I tripped off rocks hiking and they didn't even bruise (saved my arse too xD)
And indeed, they give the illusion that I'm taller, which is always welcomed :smile:
My waist was always thin and my hips were always wide, and high waisted jeans fit superb. The belt rests on my waist so comfortably I don't have to worry they'll slip off if I bent down xD. With low waisted jeans I never found a pair that fitted me right. They were either too fit and felt like I was ham wrapped in a string or too loose and I risked dropping them even with a belt on :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest