The Student Room Group

How many times have you got a detention at school?

Scroll to see replies

I got 2 detention in y7
I got 6 detention in yr 8
I got 15 detention in yr 9
I got 25 detention in yr 10
I got over 30 detention in yr 11

It kinda got worse in year 9 cause I was going through women stuff
My old school was very strict and i was extremely naughty as well last year i got detention 367 times and suspended 5 times
I didn't count. I just eventually got expelled lol. Got equivalent gcse qualifications (qual'ns) at a separate school for troubled pupils and went on to take equivalent ucas qual'ns for uni, in which I got thru clearing lol.
Original post by sdotd
Many times:tongue:

By far the worst was that I once ran away from the teacher and he chased we around the school for a good 10 minutes. I even jumped the school gate and he still followed me but he never got me:biggrin:

Next day I found out I got a months worth of detention :frown:

Llove
I never got one. I blagged my way out of one I might have had, but otherwise never came near.
Original post by 123kjr456
Llove

Love it sounds like me ha ha i once had 1 every night for 3 weeks not as bad
twice, once for forgetting to hand in homework(dull) and the other for not handing in homework despite me being ill the day it was set and nobody told me about it lmao
I've had three "C3s", one of which was effectively suspended on the condition that I attended after school RE instead.

I've had numerous negative phone calls home. I feel that my High School's way of dealing with my behaviour was bad, and they could've dealt with things better.
(edited 3 years ago)
Nice thread bumping :biggrin:

As for detentions, I can't remember whether I posted on here before, but yes, I did get detentions at school (plus a 2 days suspension in year 8) and no, I didn't count how many I had. Because why would one spend their school years worrying about how many detentions they had each year? :tongue:

The main thing was that I did well in my GCSEs and my A Levels were good enough to get into university via clearing :smile:
Detention is just a normal part of school life. I received 24, mostly for irrelevant things like talking in class or not doing homework. I received a Saturday detention a few times, too, for cutting classes.
Original post by daruiopzhweo
My old school was very strict and i was extremely naughty as well last year i got detention 367 times and suspended 5 times

Wow that was some going funny though
probably 5
Reply 192
Twice, both for missing homework. After the second detention, I went on an incredible streak of 15 straight months without missing a single piece of homework.
I've edited it out now.
Too many detentions to mention.

I got suspended once in yr 10 for kicking a bully in the balls (and punching him). The bully would constantly spread rumours about me, call me names, and pull my hair.
I had one detention for forgetting my calculator for a maths test. Although it didn't really count, my teacher signed my planner when I walked into the room then let me go
I thought I would get detention for being a minute late to my early morning class, but got none

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending