The Student Room Group

How many times have you got a detention at school?

Scroll to see replies

Never had a detention but in year 3 we had to draw zoo animals and my friend and I drew a monkey with a massive penis. Somebody told the teacher and she shouted at me and said she was going to tell my mum but never did :tongue:
Reply 101
Original post by Qari
haha, :lol: were you actually bullying him?

I wish, the moany prick. Nah, apparently I was taking over lessons, being insulting yada yada yada yada. The funniest thing about it was he was showing a video but had left the screen frozen, so all the class was saying 'Sir the board is frozen' and he turned around and screamed at me (just me mind) 'I KNOW IT'S FROZEN, MAYBE A WANTED IT TO BE FROZEN!' hahahahaha
Reply 102
Original post by 08jogon
I wish, the moany prick. Nah, apparently I was taking over lessons, being insulting yada yada yada yada. The funniest thing about it was he was showing a video but had left the screen frozen, so all the class was saying 'Sir the board is frozen' and he turned around and screamed at me (just me mind) 'I KNOW IT'S FROZEN, MAYBE A WANTED IT TO BE FROZEN!' hahahahaha

ah right lool once had a teacher who made me stand up for an hour because I said something. he used to give us a book and say do this page no help whatsoever when we made a cooment go stand at the back of the class. Did that for full lesson once :tongue:
Original post by Anonokay
Once, in my entire 5 years of secondary. And it was because I refused to run in cross country. I just don't like running :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd like to hear more about that. What year were you in when it happened? Did anything else happen aside from detention? etc.

Original post by fortunaisland
I had a detention and letter home in year eight for not wearing regulation socks!?! I remember my mum getting really angry on the phone about it! Other than that I was a good girl for my seven years of secondary education :colondollar:

What regulations were they exactly? Sounds a bit stupid.
Reply 104
Original post by Qari
ah right lool once had a teacher who made me stand up for an hour because I said something. he used to give us a book and say do this page no help whatsoever when we made a cooment go stand at the back of the class. Did that for full lesson once :tongue:

That sounds like most of my my teachers! :biggrin:
Reply 105
Original post by 08jogon
That sounds like most of my my teachers! :biggrin:

lool one teacher used to call me by nickname so I called him by his first name. He did nothing, also let me go on his computer when I wanted to :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous #2
Never had a detention but in year 3 we had to draw zoo animals and my friend and I drew a monkey with a massive penis. Somebody told the teacher and she shouted at me and said she was going to tell my mum but never did :tongue:

:lol: omg
never! :biggrin:
Reply 108
Alot of lunchtime detentions for hacking the school network. They basically sat me in the ICT room and demanded I show them how I'd done it :biggrin:

Worst afterschool ones was a time in year 11 when I brought in a radio and tuned it into the school's communication frequency. We then spent the afternoon calling in fake backup requests and watching the teachers run around like headless chickens.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lauren1x12
Only the cool kids got detentions for throwing across classrooms:tongue:

Did it hit someone?

Try getting kicked out the class for baltes having a bottle of water thrown at you :confused: lets just say that that teacher genuinly hated me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RFowler
I'd like to hear more about that. What year were you in when it happened? Did anything else happen aside from detention? etc.

What regulations were they exactly? Sounds a bit stupid.

Had to be plain black - mine were navy with pink toes! (To put this into context, our uniform was navy, not black) I know it's stupid, glad to be out of there...
I have had loads of dententions for lateness, wagging lessons, messing about in class, taking the mic out of teachers, chasing people around school etc.

:frown: I miss them days - got my gcse's tho :biggrin:
A rare few occasions, bad girls don't get caught :wink:
We don't have detentions at my school... But then again, we have lessons till 5 so that is a detention in itself... :biggrin:
Lost count, but despite all the crap I got up to detentions were rare. I think I certainly hit double figures in terms of internal exclusions, though, and I was suspended twice for fighting. Never really had many calls home, unless it was to do with the two suspensions. I did get a visit from a police officer once.
Original post by abbasahmed786
I have had loads of dententions for lateness, wagging lessons, messing about in class, taking the mic out of teachers, chasing people around school etc.

:frown: I miss them days - got my gcse's tho :biggrin:

What is wagging?
In 5 years I had 2 detentions... Only sat one of them though because they didn't put me on the list for the second, and I don't remember what it was for but I remember it being stupid and not even my fault.

I did get excluded though for a day... My cousin got caught using my mobile (we weren't allowed them in school) at an after-school club to tell her dad she was staying late and when asked said it was mine. So yeah, I got excluded for that. My parents weren't bothered because obviously it's just a daft thing to be excluded for really.

I was a goody two shoes :wink:
Original post by Autistic Merit
What is wagging?

Guessing its skipping lessons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Original post by Autistic Merit
What is wagging?

not going to lesson for no reason
I've never had a detention, in year seven I think I probably would have cried if I got one but now I don't think it would really matter to me....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending