The Student Room Group

What uni course could I do with these alevels? *Help!!*

I haven't got the slightest clue what I want to do when I am older, so I decided to take a wide range of A levels to leave some doors open? I am taking geography, biology, english literature and economics.

(I am still uncertain on whether or not to take economics)

What course would be good to take from doing these?

Thank you so much for your help!
Reply 1
I am starting my A2 and took English lit, Economics, Chemistry and History. I would advice you to research into economics. I mean do you like drawing graphs (because you need to do this a lot) it is a good a level but difficult if you haven't had previous encounter with the subject
anything else?
You should take Maths if you want to do Economics. Drop Biology for Maths, then you're good for Econ. Otherwise with this variety of subjects you can just do English or Geography with Economics?
Reply 3
I wouldn't do economics and would instead do another science
Reply 4
I'd recommend Maths as it opens up a lot of degrees.
Original post by llanber
I haven't got the slightest clue what I want to do when I am older, so I decided to take a wide range of A levels to leave some doors open? I am taking geography, biology, english literature and economics.

(I am still uncertain on whether or not to take economics)

What course would be good to take from doing these?

Thank you so much for your help!

You could do a course that requires any of the subjects that you are taking, e.g. english, biology (some accept geography as a second science).

You could also do courses that require one science or biology, e.g. radiography, paramedic science, nursing.

You could do a course with no specific subject requirements, like most of the social sciences, e.g. law, business, politics, social work; or some of the humanities, e.g. philosophy, geography, ecology.

There are loads more out there, have a look to see what interests you.

Some of these are vocational and lead directly to a career, e.g. nursing, social work; others you can continue as a career or use your degree to do something completely different.
Reply 6
Original post by Manexopi
I wouldn't do economics and would instead do another science

I would of liked to do chemistry but I only got a B in it.
Reply 7
Original post by llanber
I would of liked to do chemistry but I only got a B in it.

What about maths then? It's a valuable a level and can open quite a few doors
Reply 8
Original post by Manexopi
What about maths then? It's a valuable a level and can open quite a few doors

I'm worried I wouldn't be good enough
You could do a degree in any of them but they all lead to good courses too.

With geography you could consider geology, environmental science, meteorology, hazard management or geography itself as geography is valued by Russell groups it can help you get onto other courses which it has nothing to do with.

Hope this helps
Reply 10
Original post by llanber
I'm worried I wouldn't be good enough

I'm taking as maths and I feel the same. I'm going to start practicing early and asking for extra exercises and help. In sure you'll be fine as long as you got the grade your sixth form requires

Quick Reply

Latest