The Student Room Group

Boy deletes my text history with him

I went out with this boy who never asked me to be his girlfriend but assumed we could have PDA after confessing he did like me. Had a heated exchange with him two weekends ago about some inconsistencies i didn't feel added up about him in our LINE conversation; he in turn said that he himself was trying his hardest to overlook my flaws when i pointed out none of his except what i did not see would add up about what he was saying.

Spoiler

But after talking over the phone i told him we could be friends if he would like that upon hearing he thought i was actually his girlfriend that week. He later decided to text me, after i did not pick up his call having some questions to ask me about, to delete his number as he would be deleting mine. I gave no reply; respecting his decision.

Three days later he rang up one of my friends to talk about me and to get my number from. Texting me four long messages which ended with stating how i owed him some money from a taxi fare. I agreed to get him something in return for that.

We agreed to meet up to continue going to an event, together with my mother, actually (who thankfully for him could not go in the end). Yesterday, he wasn't there when i reached the place just on time and so decided to ask where he was. He replied : "At home. Leaving the house soon." I let him know i'd go there first to get seats. He made no apology when i met him at all, was pretty arrogant about it even, and walked blatantly further and further away from me when together. It did hurt my feelings. I tried the same for awhile to feel a little bit better.

Later when sitting down in a public place he started talking to me about other girls and said there was a scientific reason for me finding him talkative (spoiler reference). I nodded for him to continue and he said it was because our love language was different. Identified all 5 kinds of them. And finally, showed me a bible verse on Love. In our conversations he was fond of using a bible verse to support the preferential treatment he wished to receive from me, but this time he highlighted the parts on what Love was not. I somehow took it as an attack on my personality or at least me being not good enough, shifted away from him a little bit, and let him know when he asked that i was angry and wanted to go home. I decided to download the app he asked me to get (QR code app) too, which i had no idea how to use, stupidly thinking there was something on it he wanted to show me as he was scanning the area with it. He proceeded to take my phone once it was downloaded. When he returned it to me, to my surprise, i found he had deleted every single one of our LINE message exchange. I said "thank you for deleting all my messages" and angrily walked off. He ran after me saying things like "you're better than this" and "this isn't you", when i don't exactly feel i had done anything wrong. He tried to justify his actions saying he didn't want me to feel negatively about what happened in our past relationship and that he was always honest with me, had done nothing wrong and literally demanded i forgive him because i must(????). I told him that it'd happen in my own time and this wasn't the way you talk to people you hardly know as it was within my rights to get upset about people going through my messages to delete things without my permission. He followed me anyway to the restaurant he planned to eat at as the treat for the money i owed him and did not say thank you. He told me he would have preferred pasta but sought the cheapest thing on the menu. It was actually the second time i paid for his meal, said nothing about the first as it wasn't a big deal that he did not have enough of the right currency. But furthermore, my mother has also been paying for him on an occasion or so, so should i still have owed him money? Before we parted, he asked me to text him, and that he would no longer be going so early with me the next time we meet before. I am more annoyed than hurt, to be honest, at first i thought he was a fairly nice, attentive guy.

How should i address this, and what is going on with him?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
It sounds like you rejected him sometime early, he was probably expecting you to go head over heels over him. He's acting like a dick because he couldn't handle the rejection. Leave him. He's being immature and a jerk. Not worthy of spending time with him. Move on you'll find other better guys.
Reply 2
Sorry to sat this but it sounds like he is trying to control you and you are allowing it. In relationships we love romance, where is his romantic side, have you seen it? If his is not making you smile and feel good every day, he I not for you. Gut feelings mean a lot. Hey, remember "if in doubt GET OUT."
Reply 3
Original post by bluemax
It sounds like you rejected him sometime early, he was probably expecting you to go head over heels over him. He's acting like a dick because he couldn't handle the rejection. Leave him. He's being immature and a jerk. Not worthy of spending time with him. Move on you'll find other better guys.

Original post by JackieR
Sorry to sat this but it sounds like he is trying to control you and you are allowing it. In relationships we love romance, where is his romantic side, have you seen it? If his is not making you smile and feel good every day, he I not for you. Gut feelings mean a lot. Hey, remember "if in doubt GET OUT."

Thank you for your replies, but do you have any idea why he would delete the messages we exchanged though? He deleted even the ones where our conversations started off; where i doubt either of us would have bad feelings from those ones.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
You don't say how old he is. It is a very immature/stupid way to go about making friends with girls. Bring back face to face conversation I say. You need to see their eyes

Do you think you can still be friends after all this or have you decided it will actually be so much effort that it would impact on your own education/career in the future. What is your future career plan? Uni, job? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JackieR
You don't say how old he is. It is a very immature/stupid way to go about making friends with girls. Bring back face to face conversation I say. You need to see their eyes

Do you think you can still be friends after all this or have you decided it will actually be so much effort that it would impact on your own education/career in the future. What is your future career plan? Uni, job? :smile:

He is 19, i'm 18. I'll be starting on a diploma in Civil Eng & Geospatial Tech soon while finishing A Levels.

When i confront him about his behaviour he can steadily look back at me and be convincing to the point i'm slightly disoriented. I doubt it would have much impact on my future though at this point i'm still trying to work out why this happened. Undecided on how to cut him out; my intention from the start was to be friends as he claims his were too, and i would not mind too much either. It would be difficult should he continue to attempt to mess with my head at random as it would leave a memory that's destructive and at worse, would be a pest for me. At the moment he's been contacting one of my friends saying he's tried his best with me that day.

Would him deleting my texts and upsetting me that day be a signal he has no intention to meet me again?
Original post by glycerin
I went out with this boy who never asked me to be his girlfriend but assumed we could have PDA after confessing he did like me. Had a heated exchange with him two weekends ago about some inconsistencies i didn't feel added up about him in our LINE conversation; he in turn said that he himself was trying his hardest to overlook my flaws when i pointed out none of his except what i did not see would add up about what he was saying.

Spoiler

But after talking over the phone i told him we could be friends if he would like that upon hearing he thought i was actually his girlfriend that week. He later decided to text me, after i did not pick up his call having some questions to ask me about, to delete his number as he would be deleting mine. I gave no reply; respecting his decision.

Three days later he rang up one of my friends to talk about me and to get my number from. Texting me four long messages which ended with stating how i owed him some money from a taxi fare. I agreed to get him something in return for that.

We agreed to meet up to continue going to an event, together with my mother, actually (who thankfully for him could not go in the end). Yesterday, he wasn't there when i reached the place just on time and so decided to ask where he was. He replied : "At home. Leaving the house soon." I let him know i'd go there first to get seats. He made no apology when i met him at all, was pretty arrogant about it even, and walked blatantly further and further away from me when together. It did hurt my feelings. I tried the same for awhile to feel a little bit better.

Later when sitting down in a public place he started talking to me about other girls and said there was a scientific reason for me finding him talkative (spoiler reference). I nodded for him to continue and he said it was because our love language was different. Identified all 5 kinds of them. And finally, showed me a bible verse on Love. In our conversations he was fond of using a bible verse to support the preferential treatment he wished to receive from me, but this time he highlighted the parts on what Love was not. I somehow took it as an attack on my personality or at least me being not good enough, shifted away from him a little bit, and let him know when he asked that i was angry and wanted to go home. I decided to download the app he asked me to get (QR code app) too, which i had no idea how to use, stupidly thinking there was something on it he wanted to show me as he was scanning the area with it. He proceeded to take my phone once it was downloaded. When he returned it to me, to my surprise, i found he had deleted every single one of our LINE message exchange. I said "thank you for deleting all my messages" and angrily walked off. He ran after me saying things like "you're better than this" and "this isn't you", when i don't exactly feel i had done anything wrong. He tried to justify his actions saying he didn't want me to feel negatively about what happened in our past relationship and that he was always honest with me, had done nothing wrong and literally demanded i forgive him because i must(????). I told him that it'd happen in my own time and this wasn't the way you talk to people you hardly know as it was within my rights to get upset about people going through my messages to delete things without my permission. He followed me anyway to the restaurant he planned to eat at as the treat for the money i owed him and did not say thank you. He told me he would have preferred pasta but sought the cheapest thing on the menu. It was actually the second time i paid for his meal, said nothing about the first as it wasn't a big deal that he did not have enough of the right currency. But furthermore, my mother has also been paying for him on an occasion or so, so should i still have owed him money? Before we parted, he asked me to text him, and that he would no longer be going so early with me the next time we meet before. I am more annoyed than hurt, to be honest, at first i thought he was a fairly nice, attentive guy.

How should i address this, and what is going on with him?

What is this nonsense
Reply 7
Glycerine, I think you should cut you losses now save yourself the agony and pain later, tell him you will have to let him go. Sometimes when a friendship gets to this stage, it is too hard to remain friends unless you both agree (in company) for your opinions to differ never to be mentioned again. If you stay together in five years time it will be 1000 times more difficult to live with and will end up sending you nuts. He will always blame you even when it is not your fault. I have seen it happen many times (to myself) this is the mind of a depressed soul that can not communicate himself properly, as I said before you may have already let him inside your head. He he will eventually eat away at your heart until you crumble. I still have nightmares now many years on. Get away NOW!!!
Reply 8
Original post by JackieR
Glycerine, I think you should cut you losses now save yourself the agony and pain later, tell him you will have to let him go. Sometimes when a friendship gets to this stage, it is too hard to remain friends unless you both agree (in company) for your opinions to differ never to be mentioned again. If you stay together in five years time it will be 1000 times more difficult to live with and will end up sending you nuts. He will always blame you even when it is not your fault. I have seen it happen many times (to myself) this is the mind of a depressed soul that can not communicate himself properly, as I said before you may have already let him inside your head. He he will eventually eat away at your heart until you crumble. I still have nightmares now many years on. Get away NOW!!!

Thank you for your help and sharing your experience, JackieR.

I must confess that within the last day i've been reliving some of the things he said twisted to slightly downgrade the value of his feelings for me that does not quite add up again. It does hurt and i feel a sense of injustice unsure of what he's gone around saying about our past relationship if there ever was one with him. Part of me knows that through another confrontation this would never be resolved as in the last one he stated his intentions contradicted the words he used in his texts to me that he did not have ulterior motives of using me for specific reasons. It may not have been too bad a friendship to begin with or to continue in if he could at least be truthful that he did unconsciously have some of those things in mind or let them go unmentioned. I don't think i need a friend to put me in my place about their reasons of being there for me anymore.
i do that some phones cant really hold up much data soo.. you gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes
Reply 10
If I do this, Im basically deleting someone from my life.
Reply 11
Original post by Andreaayivi
i do that some phones cant really hold up much data soo.. you gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes

Original post by swarly
If I do this, Im basically deleting someone from my life.

Thanks guys. That does help bring some closure to what this is.

But this was on my phone, he could have the same reason though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by glycerin
I decided to download the app he asked me to get (QR code app) too, which i had no idea how to use, stupidly thinking there was something on it he wanted to show me as he was scanning the area with it. He proceeded to take my phone once it was downloaded. When he returned it to me, to my surprise, i found he had deleted every single one of our LINE message exchange.

Are you sure that this 'app' wasn't some form of malware/tracking software?
Reply 13
Original post by Crydamoure
Are you sure that this 'app' wasn't some form of malware/tracking software?

Probably not. At most it could give a phone or computer bugs.
Reply 14
Glycerine how has your above situation panned out over the last weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending