The Student Room Group

scared to study nursing!

Hi everyone this is my first post :colondollar:

Just hoping for some advice, ive wanted to study nursing for such along time, im currently waiting to see if i can get onto an access course and are also starting my GCSE maths and sciences as i dont have them, ..anyway i really want to become a community nurse or nurse practicioner, but im quite a negative person with low self esteem and confidence, i keep talking myself out of going to study nursing as i think im "not good enough" and keep thinking il fail and it will be to hard for me to do :/

Im also a really anxious person and i think its myself holding me back, is anyone else going through similar things, did anyone else panic like me? just hoping for some words of wisdom really as iv gotten into alot of mess in the past with making decisions, i went down a career with animals for a couple of years, then just recently moved onto beauty therapy studies at college which i dropped out of to get into nursing, I had tried to study nursing 2 years ago but decided against it as i was just too nervous thinking "what if" im just scared it will happen again but i really want this
Reply 1
Have you thought about volunteering/working in a care setting? Perhaps that will give you a feel for the types of environment
and people you could work with. Is there something behind your anxiety? maybe you need to address this before
moving onto anything else.

Not everyone is brimming with confidence, most people fake it!
Have a bit more faith in yourself.

Good luck:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending