The Student Room Group

Vice President re-vote advice

Hey guys I need some advice
The Vice president of my sports club has had to step down, so now there's going to be a re-vote and I've put myself forward, except we have to say a few lines to the group before the vote and I'm not sure what I need to say. Plus I'm not great at speaking in front of people so if any of you have any advice that'd be great
Thank you :smile:

P.S. if this is the wrong forum I'm sorry it seemed the best that I could find
Reply 1
Pretend you're having a conversation. Focus on one person at a time, not the whole group. Use humour. Talk about how you love sports and the sports club; don't list a whole bunch of characteristics that make you ideal for the role- at best, people will tune out, at worst, they'll think you're arrogant. If you use notes, glance down at them every so often, but don't rely on them and try to appear spontaneous.

Good luck!
say i want to put on my cv to increase job prospects. jus be honest hwy u want the spot
Reply 3
Original post by Romula
Pretend you're having a conversation. Focus on one person at a time, not the whole group. Use humour. Talk about how you love sports and the sports club; don't list a whole bunch of characteristics that make you ideal for the role- at best, people will tune out, at worst, they'll think you're arrogant. If you use notes, glance down at them every so often, but don't rely on them and try to appear spontaneous.

Good luck!

Thanks :smile: this is great, the vote will be during training so no notes but it only has to be 'four lines' although I don't know if this is four sentences or four points/reasons
Reply 4
Original post by lawrice
Thanks :smile: this is great, the vote will be during training so no notes but it only has to be 'four lines' although I don't know if this is four sentences or four points/reasons

They mean four sentences, or four actual lines of A4 paper - although this should be roughly the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending