The Student Room Group

IMG applying for NHS junior grade jobs and finding difficulty.

I am a recent IMG graduate with full registration with GMC. I have been applying for junior doctor, Trust grade FY2, and non-training FY2 jobs for a few months.
Apart from several rejections, I have no positive feedback such as an interview or callback. I believe my CV is good ( have experience as Vice president, participated in audit and student research, got awards and have been involved in social causes through membership in a service-oriented non-profit club) and I have pre-graduate NHS experience ( did 3 clinical electives in the UK.) I have followed the general idea of writing an application, shed light on person specifications, job description and why I deserve the job.

Please guide me on what I should do better or apply to get interviews and a job.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Christmasisearly
I am a recent IMG graduate with full registration with GMC. I have been applying for junior doctor, Trust grade FY2, and non-training FY2 jobs for a few months.
Apart from several rejections, I have no positive feedback such as an interview or callback. I believe my CV is good ( have experience as Vice president, participated in audit and student research, got awards and have been involved in social causes through membership in a service-oriented non-profit club) and I have pre-graduate NHS experience ( did 3 clinical electives in the UK.) I have followed the general idea of writing an application, shed light on person specifications, job description and why I deserve the job.

Please guide me on what I should do better or apply to get interviews and a job.

Hey - so sorry to hear you’re having this experience. Getting the first job is generally the hardest because most jobs want post graduate experience in the uk due to difficulty understanding the system. If you haven’t already I would widen the search in terms of specialty and location. North is generally easier to get jobs. The job market is very competitive at the moment with many IMGs and UK grads applying. It sounds like you’re doing the right stuff - keep doing audits, courses and poster presentations to polish your cv.
And emphasise the work you’ve done in your pre grad work experiences in terms of understanding the computer systems and role of governance
Original post by Carrotsarecool
And emphasise the work you’ve done in your pre grad work experiences in terms of understanding the computer systems and role of governance

Thank you for your reply. I have one question, apart from trac, NHS job and BMJ careers, what are some other websites for applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending