The Student Room Group

Manchester university business schools?

hi guys, its my first post on here and i just wanted to get some insight from people who may be familiar with the business schools of manchester,

im looking to get into manchester met next year on a foundation year into international business management or marketing management, however i look to maybe transfer out of manchester metropolitan business school and into MBS, the school primarily used by the university of manc. I look to study here as the exchange opportunities and partner universities of MBS really appeal to me.

Does anyone know whether this is something i can further discuss with a university? and is it a point worth bringing up at the open day this weekend?

any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I don't know that MBS actually takes transfer students - they're not particularly short of students, and I've never come across anyone transferring from MMU to UoM for any subject. You'd need to discuss the possibility of transferring with MBS (via email as you've misssed the UoM open days for this year) as it has naff all to do with MMU.

However, what I will say is that you shouldn't start at MMU unless you are happy to stay there for three years - otherwise you could end up pretty miserable if you don't get to transfer elsewhere.

The other thing to be aware of is that at Manchester, management is taught at MBS, whereas business studies is taught in the School of Social Sciences, so make sure you're emailing the right people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending