The Student Room Group

Can good looks make up for a boring/bad personality?

I just meet so many people with great looks but they are boring as hell although people seem to fawn over them.

I know a few girls who would describe what they look for in guys but when an attractive LAD douche steps in the room, those standards immedietly fly out on the window.

I know girls who stay in nightmare relationships with guys who often cheat on them ONLY because the guy is good looking.

I even interact with these types of couples and you can just tell the girls are often embarassed by the guys mannerisms, the things he says, his opinions etc.

Im not saying guys don't do this but this is a trait I mainly see girls doing.

Why does this happen?
Reply 1
Original post by MancBoy
I just meet so many people with great looks but they are boring as hell although people seem to fawn over them.

I know a few girls who would describe what they look for in guys but when an attractive LAD douche steps in the room, those standards immedietly fly out on the window.

I know girls who stay in nightmare relationships with guys who often cheat on them ONLY because the guy is good looking.

I even interact with these types of couples and you can just tell the girls are often embarassed by the guys mannerisms, the things he says, his opinions etc.

Why does this happen?

I can answer in 3 words: people are idiots.
I couldn't be with someone I found dull/uninteresting. Looks are important, but personality is worth much more.
Original post by MancBoy

Why does this happen?

At the bold: Nah guys do it too. And for anyone male or female who accepts it, it is simply a lack of self worth. It has nothing to do with sex, generation, nothing. It's the individual not wanting to be alone and settling for crap.

As far as being boring but getting away with it if you're attractive: can relate to what I said just above. People don't care what it comes with, "just be attractive so I don't have to explain why I'm with you, and if I'm not then why I'm alone." :rolleyes:

Sadly, I will say I have dated men who sucked on the inside but looked so fit, but you don't know he will be a ****ing moron until you go with him, and you go with him because he's fit and have nothing else to go off of. However, this was when I was much younger and didn't know better. I date differently now and as soon as I find out the guy is a loser or a jerk I leave him. I also pay too much mind to my looks sometimes more than my life and personality. Like when I look right I feel entitled to treat people however I want :s-smilie: And then they stick around so like why stop?
No. A great personality can make up for bad looks to extent, but never the other way round.

I feel I'm quite a good judge of personality, I can usually tell pretty early on if we're on the same wavelength.. And if we're not, it isn't going to work no matter how hot he is.
Reply 5
Well, aren't I the lucky one. Bad personality and looks.
Original post by MancBoy

Why does this happen?

Probably because you, like all of us, and naturally biased against people who are going out with girls we like. Nothing makes a guy seem like a douche more than going out with a fit girl... You thinking the girl is embarrassed sounds like projecting your feelings.

Men are more shallow about looks. Women may be just as shallow over all, but more over wealth/superficial confidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending