The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by disposable
1) I think they are uglier than South Indians. Their face shapes are less attractive. Pakistanis tend to look foriegn and most importantly I don't enjoy it. Bangladeshis tend to look like stunted Indians.

2) Muslims are culturally more below Non-Muslims. They tend to be socioeconomically backwards, with more issues surrounding education, morality and wealth.

3) I am happy with South Indians. I think they are sexually attractive and I am more attracted to them than North Indians. This is despite the severity of racism in favour of Middle Easterners.

LOL
1- Most Pakistanis(except west Pakistanis) dont have any foreign look.Pakistanis are lighter than other south Asians though.

2- Bangladeshis actually have some East Asian DNA, which make them slightly different than other south Asian. So they are not stunted version of Indians. Bengalis have diverse look anyway and their skin tone is darker than Pakistanis but lighter than most Indians and Srilankans.

3- Modern Bangladeshi(aged between 18 to 30) men average height is 5 feet 8, and Bangladeshi girs(aged between 18-30) are 5 feet 2. Bangladesh HDI is already higher than Pakistan and its incresing in great speed.

4- South Indians and Srilankan are the least attractive among south Asians, Their facial features are a bit off from typical south Asians.

Said that. You wrote your own opinion, which I approve but at the same time your post was offensive toward Bangladeshis and Pakistanis.
It's hilarious watching different groups of South Asians argue over nonsense. Yeah, some of you might have slightly lighter skin than other South Asiansbut you aren't white and you are much closer to other Asians than you are to white people. Stop pretending to be white. The only exception I can really think of are Tamils, who have a lot more Dravidian DNA. Even other South Indians, i.e. Malayalees, Kannadigas, Sinhalese etc are a lot more Aryan and have more Aryan features, thus making them similar to Pakistanis, North Indians, Bengalis etc.

There are good looking people from all South Asian groups (and all ethnicities for that matter). I'm sure a white girl would prefer a Dulquer Salmaan to a homeless guy in Bangladesh. It's difficult to generalise in this sense.

The difference in attraction is in stereotypes. From my experience, white women tend to prefer Indians and Sri-Lankans much more because they are not particularly religious and are willing to assimilate with the local culture. On the flip-side, Pakistani and Bangladeshis (not all but many) prefer to stick within their own muslim rules, and I can't see how a white woman would find that attractive. As a result, mixed race marriages between Indians and Whites is much higher than marriages between Pakistanis/Bangladeshis and Whites. Even within Indians, South Indians are far more tolerant of white people than North Indians.
I have no idea what this debate is about now :tongue:
Lol my sister (Punjabi girl) : lol this thread is stupid..I prefer brown guys anyday as do all my brown friends..most of us prefer our own men. We do not care for white guys at all.

Most brown girls stick to brown guys , known facts
I'm a Bengali girl.Personally I;ve never met a bengali boy i liked.Yeah call me shallow or whatever but I know you do this too,most of them just don't look my type.And if they look decent their personalities are pure ****,the good looking ones have their heads in their asses.Even the not good looking ones have their heads up their asses.(This applies to Bengalis,Indians and Pakistanis)
So yeah,I'm not a fan of their looks or their personality.(bengali dudes)
I've met only one South Asian guy who I'd maybe date and he was a Pakistani.
what do u guys think about bengali girls attitudes towards bengali guys in this day and age. lol im not being stereotypical at all its jus a genuine question.
They have no f***** respect and they should.
I don't think they are necessarily less physically attractive but often cultural/religious barriers can come into play which can be a concern
what about bengali girls
Original post by asif007
You neglect to mention that you probably live in a very affluent area which just happens to be predominantly white British. Most of the white people in your area have pretty much the same level of education and do similar jobs to your parents, which means that you're less likely to experience racism from those white people. Because of your privileged upbringing I don't think you can really sympathise with racism that Asians experience in other areas. Many first-generation immigrant families come to this country, probably with little education and speaking little/no English, to live on council estates which may also be predominantly white just like your area. However, the demographics of white people in your area will be different to white people who live on council estates where more Asian and Eastern European people are moving in. White British people in those places are more likely to be unemployed, have little education and have racist or violent sympathies, e.g. EDL supporters. Most racist crimes you hear about on the news happen in places like Bradford, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle etc which do have predominantly Asian areas but also lots of segregation from white people who don't like foreigners. No surprises that most of Northern England voted Leave despite having some of the biggest Asian communities in the UK. Compare those to London and Midlands which also have big Asian communities but much much better integration with other communities. The likelihood of you experiencing racism in your area has nothing to do with how highly populated it is with white people. Like you mention, it's more due to integration or lack thereof. But you should also consider socioeconomic background and education - perpetrators of racist abuse/crime are more likely to be uneducated and/or unemployed. Asians with higher socioeconomic status working in educated jobs are likely to work harder at integrating with other communities which combats against racism.

What I highlighted in bold - I think this is absolute BS. Have you considered the fact that some Asians are actually friends with black people and are interested in the same things as them? We wear the same clothes, live in the same areas, have similar hobbies and listen to the same music etc. How can it be a "pseudo-black culture" when there are actually Asians producing things that black people are interested in and vice versa? Take Steel Banglez for example - he's Indian Punjabi but brought up in a community where lots of black people live (he himself has said that most of his closest friends are black) and is now producing music that lots of black people are interested in. Stormzy is black but makes music that lots of Asians are interested in, and I'm sure there are many other examples too. You can't put it down to "pseudo-culture" and "pretending" to be part of another community when there are people who genuinely like things from other cultures. I'm Asian but I went to school with lots of black people, I got interested in Hip-Hop, Grime and Afrobeats music through black friends and I play sports with black people. That doesn't mean I'm trying to adopt a "pseudo-black culture".

The only way I can identify with what you're talking about is Asians who adopt roadman culture just to seem more cool and actually hide parts of their personality that they are ashamed about. The only reason they do that is to attract girls who nowadays are pretty much only interested in the roadman/badboy type. You'd be surprised - girls are gullible and they actually find the badboy facade attractive even if he's actually not that type of person. I meet Asian young men whose parents want them to continue their education and get good jobs but they're too busy getting high and smashing girls - these things actually work in attracting girls. They may not be smart girls or marriage material, but I can see why some guys think they should get involved in roadman culture to appear more attractive to girls. Girls are easy to fool and they believe BS and fake personalities but they ignore genuine, honest young men who focus on their education and careers whatever ethnicity they are.

wow this majority of this thread some how depicts issues I've raised in my relation ship thread of not being able to find someone to settle with that wants a modest woman like myself
Original post by Anonymous
wow this majority of this thread some how depicts issues I've raised in my relation ship thread of not being able to find someone to settle with that wants a modest woman like myself

Women don't have it as hard as men do. Women are constantly surrounded by men who are interested in them - if you don't like any of them, you have the freedom and the choice to look further afield for someone more suited to you. If your families are involved, your parents can bring you one potential suitor after another until you say yes to one of them. Compare that to men who aren't necessarily good looking (may not even have age on their side) but are honest and prioritise career and lifestyle over relationships. Girls (whatever age they are) don't go for this type of man because he won't give her "excitement" or a fast-paced adrenaline thrill-ride kind of life. He offers stability and security, which girls of this generation don't want any more. Like I said above, girls believe BS and fake personalities but ignore genuine, hard-working men with their lives sorted out. That's why you always see girls who are old enough to be in relationships going for Bradford wastemen who are rolling through women one after another and are most likely unemployed, on drugs and sound retarded. Men like myself who aspire to be successful, self-sufficient and financially independent before we can entertain the idea of relationships, are the least likely to actually find a suitable woman.
Original post by maths_tripos23
They have no f***** respect and they should.

Why do you feel you deserve their respect? What have you done to earn it?
Original post by neal95
Yeah tbh most Asian girls crave white ****. But then again it's a two way street as most Asian women are as appealing to Asian men as the opposite (so not very). Both sets are the lowest of the low after blacks I would say, well black women from what I have seen in the uk.

Where you getting this “most” from sksksksksksk white guys aren’t sh*t sit down mateeee

Look attraction is based on multiple factors other than pure ethnicity. And to be completely honest I know a ton of Asian girls that would never in their life date a white guy for being white 😂😂 it’s hilarious you thought that white guys are that prestige thanks for the joke.
Original post by Sid2001
It's hilarious watching different groups of South Asians argue over nonsense. Yeah, some of you might have slightly lighter skin than other South Asiansbut you aren't white and you are much closer to other Asians than you are to white people. Stop pretending to be white. The only exception I can really think of are Tamils, who have a lot more Dravidian DNA. Even other South Indians, i.e. Malayalees, Kannadigas, Sinhalese etc are a lot more Aryan and have more Aryan features, thus making them similar to Pakistanis, North Indians, Bengalis etc.

There are good looking people from all South Asian groups (and all ethnicities for that matter). I'm sure a white girl would prefer a Dulquer Salmaan to a homeless guy in Bangladesh. It's difficult to generalise in this sense.

The difference in attraction is in stereotypes. From my experience, white women tend to prefer Indians and Sri-Lankans much more because they are not particularly religious and are willing to assimilate with the local culture. On the flip-side, Pakistani and Bangladeshis (not all but many) prefer to stick within their own muslim rules, and I can't see how a white woman would find that attractive. As a result, mixed race marriages between Indians and Whites is much higher than marriages between Pakistanis/Bangladeshis and Whites. Even within Indians, South Indians are far more tolerant of white people than North Indians.

Thank you for being an intellectual
P-E-N-G : PENG. FULL STOP. :daydreaming:
Original post by username4171924
Yo what about the Tamil boys 😂😂

Hell yes.

Right? :lol:

Lmao :rofl:
why bump a 4 yr old thread :K:

Spoiler

Original post by asif007
I'm so sick to death of being targeted and humiliated by women just because I'm Asian. Somehow being Asian means I'm less entitled to make good friends who actually understand me and God forbid, if I ever wanted to date someone like a modern young man in the 21st century, I would be attacked by any woman just for asking her out. I've had my fair share of insults and humiliation not just from white women, but also Asian girls who I thought would actually be able to relate to the problems that most South Asian boys encounter when it comes to relationships in this country. Instead I'm stuck with a ****-load of judgmental and superficial "friends" who pretend to sympathise with the problems that we suffer, but who are instead laughing at us behind our backs. You'd think that in an educated, progressive country like the UK, people (especially women) would actually take some time to think about what kind of persecution South Asian men have to suffer every single day instead of jumping to conclusions about all of us solely because of all the media attention on us recently. Yes, South Asian men have attacked people in the streets and been behind some pretty vicious terrorist attacks in the last few years. Others are totally inappropriate towards women and go to jail for various crimes. Fair enough, all women must be pretty scared to approach anyone of our race. Every community has their own problems, but you can be sure as hell that not everyone is the same as those who give us a bad name. Sadly girls don't seem to understand that - speaking from personal experience, the South Asian guy will always always be rejected in favour of the white guy regardless of character, personality, upbringing or attitude. Go ahead and tell me that I'm making a generalisation, but every single woman in the UK will take it upon themselves to be judgmental about us and reject us in humiliating ways because they somehow believe that we're not allowed to have relationships with women, even if we're not extremely religious. What the hell do they know? This is Britain in the 21st century - multicultural but nevertheless extremely prejudiced and racist towards South Asian men, especially if you're Muslim and don't drink. People react like I've killed a person when I tell them I don't drink - apparently it's a crime to have religious beliefs in the UK if you're Asian?

But for those of us who actually want to be successful and make something of our lives, apparently the same rules apply and girls will see us as exactly the same as those who have ruined our reputations. I can see clearly that if you want to make the move and start a relationship with a girl without being humiliated, you almost certainly have to drink alcohol and have skin that isn't brown.

I've seen many of these threads popping up regarding what girls think about dating Asian men, like we're all parasites. That gives me the impression that many girls wouldn't dare touch any of us even if we were the last men on Earth. So if it's not because the media is giving us such a bad name because of the actions of a select few, could someone explain why women find all Asian men so disgusting that they would rather attack us with verbal and emotional abuse in public places in front of all our friends, rather than talk to us like adults? We're not all immature and childish like the media wants you to believe.

It must be hard man I think it’s because the media brainwashed everyone and put the idea that South Asian guys can never be attractive and will always be the butt of the joke rather than a main character. Along with prejudice against south Asians (and if we are talking about terrorism Middle-Easterns too but that’s another topic) the lack of representation of Asian men makes everyone have an idea that it would be a joke to have an relationship with south Asians.

It’s unfortunate but I don’t think all women would harshly judge based on ethnicity. Everyone has their own preferences which is fine but shouldn’t be based solely on ethnicity or appearance. Though I guess it’s not all that bad who would want anyone as superficial as that regardless if they are white or asian. Though I don’t want to undermine the clear disdain towards south Asians.

Latest

Trending

Trending