The Student Room Group

topic ideas for English speech

I have to do a 4 minute speech for my gcse English class and i don't know what topic to do and what exactly to talk about. Its similar to a don't get me started essay. Topics that people are doing are football clubs, teenage pregnancy and animal testing. Any topic ideas? I was thinking social media or bullying.
I did mine about my dislike of guns, bullying will always make a good speech and so will social media - you can talk about how much we rely on it, the impact it has on society etc
Important women in history? Pirates? The future of space travel?
just do something you feel strongly about and are actually interested in otherwise you won't sound enthusiastic when your reading your speech and people won't be interested in it

Hope this helps :smile:
Just sit down in the evening and write down your interests and hobbies - then look at potential stereotypes of people who have that interest and how much you dislike the label e.g video gamers are violent (stereotypes are always a good topic!) but just don't overthink it too much. Something that's relaxed and something you're passionate will always be a winner

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending