The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lydster1
Hi, hope everyones applications are going well. I had a notification from ucas a few days ago saying that my Liverpool application has been unsuccessful but I haven't had any emails from the uni since I applied. I've emailed them but just haven't heard anything, and there's nothing in my junk folder. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

Gah that's crappy! Also, can confirm the uni only started back up properly yesterday so if you got it before then deffo ring!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone been offered an A101 interview yet?
Original post by michelle0401
Anyone been offered an A101 interview yet?

Nope not yet. Though personally I was not expecting to hear anything about offers or rejections for interviews until toward the end of next week. You never know I guess, they could surprise us and send them out later today but doubt it...
Interview!!! It is MMI :smile:
just rang Liverpool and they said interviews will stop being given out tomorrow at 5pm most likely. I dont think there are many left to be given out.
Original post by SpringNicht

CONGRATS! I just got an email saying I've got an interview too, so relieved! See you there I guess :biggrin: bit disappointed that it's MMI but I'm definitely not complaining!
Original post by SpringNicht

Original post by tlrobinson
CONGRATS! I just got an email saying I've got an interview too, so relieved! See you there I guess :biggrin: bit disappointed that it's MMI but I'm definitely not complaining!

Well done!!
I also have an interview! So happy :smile:
Interview! :biggrin:

Does anyone know the ratio of interviews to places?

Yeah pretty sure this is the first year they've done MMI. Not sure if I should stay overnight as I'm travelling about 3 hours.
How many interviews are going out? I've got through the first section but really hoping to get this tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to those with an interview I have one as well! I didn't think Liverpool did MMI is this the first year?

Good luck to those still waiting to hear.
Reply 111
Interview! Only just heard, was definitely doubting after so many heard yesterday. Very pleased :smile: Mine is 25th Feb, is everyone in the same week?
Also got an interview yesterday morning. Certainly was a pleasant distraction between the written assessment and interviews while at Swansea. Wonder when about they will send out the email with the info about guidelines for the stations and what we need to bring with us. :/
Original post by gre92
Interview! Only just heard, was definitely doubting after so many heard yesterday. Very pleased :smile: Mine is 25th Feb, is everyone in the same week?

Yeah mine is the same day as well 9am so early start. By the way do we send the confirmation of attendance to the email address that they sent us the emails on or do we send it to another address?
Only just read my email about the interview an hour ago and found this thread. A little worried as it said to confirm attendance within 48 hours and mine has been a bit over that.
Should I be worried seeing as it's Sunday and they won't be able to see responses anyway until tomorrow (as i'm assuming the nice lady who wrote the email doesn't work weekends). Has everyone confirmed attendance just by replying to the email as I cannot see anything to click on. I also received a blank automatic response email after which is a little confusing.
Thanks

p.s. Congratulations for everyone else receiving interviews
Original post by Corkscrew94
Only just read my email about the interview an hour ago and found this thread. A little worried as it said to confirm attendance within 48 hours and mine has been a bit over that.
Should I be worried seeing as it's Sunday and they won't be able to see responses anyway until tomorrow (as i'm assuming the nice lady who wrote the email doesn't work weekends). Has everyone confirmed attendance just by replying to the email as I cannot see anything to click on. I also received a blank automatic response email after which is a little confusing.
Thanks

p.s. Congratulations for everyone else receiving interviews

Well done on the interview! Which day and what time did you get given? Yeah everyone has been receiving a blank response email it seems when they have confirmed their attendance. I would also assume they would look at the time stamps of when the emails were received to determine if we replied within 48 hours of receiving the emails, otherwise it would not be fair on those of us who got the email on friday. Saying which they could extend it to monday perhaps, they probably will have a little bit of leeway given that the they were sent out just before the weekend.
Original post by TranquilRawr
Well done on the interview! Which day and what time did you get given? Yeah everyone has been receiving a blank response email it seems when they have confirmed their attendance. I would also assume they would look at the time stamps of when the emails were received to determine if we replied within 48 hours of receiving the emails, otherwise it would not be fair on those of us who got the email on friday. Saying which they could extend it to monday perhaps, they probably will have a little bit of leeway given that the they were sent out just before the weekend.

Thanks and Wednesday 25th February at 9am. Hopefully it's not too much of a big deal, as I haven't exactly kept them waiting for a response :/. I'd literally kick myself if I was turned away because of this.
Original post by Corkscrew94
Thanks and Wednesday 25th February at 9am. Hopefully it's not too much of a big deal, as I haven't exactly kept them waiting for a response :/. I'd literally kick myself if I was turned away because of this.

Ah snap, same slot I have! Yeah I was at my swansea interview when I got this so wasn't able to reply until yesterday, there were a few others there who also received the interviews during the day so would not have been able to respond properly until they got home. The important thing is that you have responded and not left them hanging about so you can probably chill and bask the happy thoughts of your offer. :smile:
Hey guys. I have just found something of interest while meandering through the internet. I know we all tend to like to know about stats and how many places, offers, etc have been given out or made in previous years so have a look at this link attached:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/medicine_admission_statistics_6

It seems to be correspondence between an applicant(s) and Liverpool medical school requesting information under the freedom of information act. If you have a look through it would save having to pester the admin people to much with the same questions that have already been answered. Hope its of interest. :smile:
I just wanted to ask if anyone had rang up to confirm their attendance for interviews? A bit worried that the blank email is supposed to say 'Do not reply to this email address'.

Paranoia is setting in x)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending