The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
motorhead
I'm only worried about the fact that even If I'll end the studies in 3 years I'll be 26 , I hope that a 26 years old graduared candidate will not be considerated too "old" for i-banking or others Business opportunity job.

I don't think that matters too much, but if you need reassurance, ask here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=94
RJA
I don't think that matters too much, but if you need reassurance, ask here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=94

thank you!!!!
Reply 22
stupanico
You could try Liverpool, Birmingham, Reading or Durham!!!. Where I am!!

What's Acc and Finance like at Durham? Is the employement ratio high after graduation?
Reply 23
This isn't a list of all the universities that offer Acc & Fin, but it should give you a rough idea. :smile:

Warwick - AAB
Bath - AAA - ABB
Manchester - AAB - BBB
Southampton - AAB
Nottingham - ABB
Bristol - ABB - BBB
Leeds - ABB

EDIT: Nevermind, i didn't check the date of the topic.
Reply 24
Our undergraduates at the business school earn on average 18% more in their 1st yr of work than the Russell Group unis. The big 4 accountants not only come to our uni but specifically to the undergraduate business school! We are voted 18th best business school in Europe by FT. I know of many people on the course who have done internships at invesment banks last summer. So yes the employment prospects are fantastic! Our university has the 3rd lowest unemployment rate of any UK university.
Reply 25
Thanks for making my day! Big fat smile on my face! LOL
Reply 26
Seema135
This isn't a list of all the universities that offer Acc & Fin, but it should give you a rough idea. :smile:

Warwick - AAB
Bath - AAA - ABB
Manchester - AAB - BBB
Southampton - AAB
Nottingham - ABB
Bristol - ABB - BBB
Leeds - ABB

EDIT: Nevermind, i didn't check the date of the topic.

Bristol is now AAA - ABC, ignore their main prospectus.
Reply 27
Werty675
Bristol is now AAA - ABC, ignore their main prospectus.

Thanks for that! :smile:

But wait, they gave me an offer of AAB, so does that mean *if* come August, i get ABC instead of AAB, i still have a chance of being accepted?
Reply 28
I don't think so...unless it's undersubscribed (which I doubt)
Reply 29
Seema135
Thanks for that! :smile:

But wait, they gave me an offer of AAB, so does that mean *if* come August, i get ABC instead of AAB, i still have a chance of being accepted?

AAA - ABC, usually means that they will make you an offer according to how much they want you. AAB, means that they would very much like for you to come to their university. However, this does not mean that if you get ABC, you will be accepted, unless a lot of people miss their offer/you can persuade them too.
Reply 30
where can i see a list of the league table for business school? i feel like imay go to Warwick,
Reply 31
Durham no.20 for Business Studies? Wasn't it number 6 Business School in the UK?
Reply 32
According to FT it is yes. But the Times takes a different view. These things are subjective and each newspaper uses different criteria.
isn't the FT one for only postgrad business schools?
Reply 34
O, these stupid times newspapers can kiss arse!
Reply 35
ilovemyself
isn't the FT one for only postgrad business schools?

The FT does several; one for Masters in Management, for MBA , and for Business Schools. I was referring to the latter.

Latest

Trending

Trending