The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Conditional perfect= present conditional of avoir/etre (i.e. serais, aurais etc) followed by the past participle of the main verb.

So, as an example: "Si j'avais su qu'il allait faire chaud, j'aurais pris moins de vetements"- If I had known it was going to be warm, I would have taken less clothes.

Future perfect= Future of avoir/etre (serai; aurai etc) followed by the past participle of the main verb.

Example: "Vous sortirez quand la cloche aura sonné"- You will go out when the bell has rung.

Pluperfect= Imperfect of avoir/etre (avais; étais etc) followed by the past participle of the main verb.

Example: "Si j'avais su.." (like in the example for the conditional perfect)- If I had known..

I'm not quite sure about the specific rules for the near future past- I think it could be translated as: "Elle allait arriver..", so using the imperfect of aller, followed by the infinitive of the other verb- but I'm not sure. For the past historic, I think Wikipedia can explain it better than I could :p:- here.

Latest

Trending

Trending