The Student Room Group

Need to decide what Uni to go to, haven't visited, honest opinions of them pleaseee:)

Omfg I just wrote the longest freaking post ever and my iPad crashed:eek:.
urghh anyway basically what I said was stuck between Unis and I live overseas so can't visit them. I went to see unis and 4/5 of the ones I visited I hated. The only one I loved was reading so that's most likely gonna be my firm. The others im considering are York, Royal Holloway, Hertfordshire, Essex, Cardiff (but not sure cod in Wales) and Oxford Brookes (as my insurance but don't really want to go there? It's the only Uni in the south that asks for BBB, would I be able to reject the offer and go into clearing if I dint want to go like I could reject the firm and go into adjustment?) anyway I don't really know much about any of the unis besides reading so please if you've seen it, visited it, heard about it, anything feel free to say what you loved and hated (more interested in hated) about it. The reviews I've seen are so diverse I've got no idea what to think. Oh and it's to study History and I got ABB for AS so if you know any other Uni that's nice and lenient let me know please!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lalalalisha
Omfg I just wrote the longest freaking post ever and my iPad crashed:eek:.
urghh anyway basically what I said was stuck between Unis and I live overseas so can't visit them. I went to see unis and 4/5 of the ones I visited I hated. The only one I loved was reading so that's most likely gonna be my firm. The others im considering are York, Royal Holloway, Hertfordshire, Essex, Cardiff (but not sure cod in Wales) and Oxford Brookes (as my insurance but don't really want to go there? It's the only Uni in the south that asks for BBB, would I be able to reject the offer and go into clearing if I dint want to go like I could reject the firm and go into adjustment?) anyway I don't really know much about any of the unis besides reading so please if you've seen it, visited it, heard about it, anything feel free to say what you loved and hated (more interested in hated) about it. The reviews I've seen are so diverse I've got no idea what to think. Oh and it's to study History and I got ABB for AS so if you know any other Uni that's nice and lenient let me know please!

I went to Royal Holloway Open Day and it was absolutely lovely, the pictures that you may see don't actually do it justice! Some may argue that the socila life isn't great but there are lots of things to do and "nightclubs" aren't too far away in Windsor and all! The subject teachers seemed really passionate as well so yeah, all in all a great place! I want to study history as well and it was just one of those historical places! Also, I am going to Oxford Brookes this weekend as it is also my back up :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by MrJack_ONeill
I went to Royal Holloway Open Day and it was absolutely lovely, the pictures that you may see don't actually do it justice! Some may argue that the socila life isn't great but there are lots of things to do and "nightclubs" aren't too far away in Windsor and all! The subject teachers seemed really passionate as well so yeah, all in all a great place! I want to study history as well and it was just one of those historical places! Also, I am going to Oxford Brookes this weekend as it is also my back up :smile:
oh you thought it was good for history then? i might apply there then! :smile: and oh let me know how oxford brookes is :rolleyes:
Original post by lalalalisha
oh you thought it was good for history then? i might apply there then! :smile: and oh let me know how oxford brookes is :rolleyes:

Yeah, I mean I aim to do History and International Relations as a joint honours but yeah the History department seemed pretty on the ball! Also, just the location and importance of the uni is magical! Don't go just on my word though, if you can then I would advise you to go see it.
I shall do :smile:
Well you have a range of different types of universities. well I heard York is one of the top universities and i'm sure it is much better than Essex. It totally depends on the experience you are wanting why not research or ask some current students in the University forums and may give you a better insight and help you make a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending