The Student Room Group

Leeds or Goldsmiths? How do I choose a university anyway...

Please help a gal out. This is fairly straightforward. I'm just not sure what my priorities should be? I'm completely torn on this.

Leeds:
Pros - big city but not too big, stuff's not too expensive, good nightlife I hear
Cons - up north (far away)

Goldsmiths:
Pros - course is awesome, and MUCH closer to all my family and friends
Cons - crap reputation apparently (??)

Have offers from both. I know I've got lots of time until the firming deadline thing, but this is constantly on my mind and I'd love some outside input on this... thanks in advance :smile:
Leeds is more prestigious definitely, but if you like the course of Goldsmiths, go to Goldsmiths.
Reply 2
Original post by halamadrid777
Leeds is more prestigious definitely, but if you like the course of Goldsmiths, go to Goldsmiths.

Is it worth it, though, to sacrifice uni reputation for a more "quirky" and enjoyable course?

I'm just terrified that I'll be killing all chances of a 25k+ job if I accept the Goldsmiths offer.

This is for Chinese and International Relations btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Weird coincidence that i got both of those offers aswell! Personally for me Goldsmiths was only put on my form for convenience of the distance, but I know people who studied Chinese at Leeds and are fluent now (some are Chinese teachers now). I'm not going to accept either because I got a better offer that I prefer, but in my opinion I would choose Leeds. Because you will be paying the same for each, but Leeds will offer more. I think you should research what you think constitues a quirky course and wait till the deadline before you whole heartedly confirm your choice. Goodluck and keep me posted :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Tamara Chan
Weird coincidence that i got both of those offers aswell! Personally for me Goldsmiths was only put on my form for convenience of the distance, but I know people who studied Chinese at Leeds and are fluent now (some are Chinese teachers now). I'm not going to accept either because I got a better offer that I prefer, but in my opinion I would choose Leeds. Because you will be paying the same for each, but Leeds will offer more. I think you should research what you think constitues a quirky course and wait till the deadline before you whole heartedly confirm your choice. Goodluck and keep me posted :biggrin:

Ahh, that's so cool! Where else did you apply, what offers do you have? I'm still waiting on Exeter and SOAS :frown:

This will sound pretty lame, but seriously, the main reason I'm reluctant to move away from London is because my boyfriend is there. I know this shouldn't matter, but...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending