Leeds or Goldsmiths? How do I choose a university anyway... Watch

Катя
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Please help a gal out. This is fairly straightforward. I'm just not sure what my priorities should be? I'm completely torn on this.

Leeds:
Pros - big city but not too big, stuff's not too expensive, good nightlife I hear
Cons - up north (far away)

Goldsmiths:
Pros - course is awesome, and MUCH closer to all my family and friends
Cons - crap reputation apparently (??)

Have offers from both. I know I've got lots of time until the firming deadline thing, but this is constantly on my mind and I'd love some outside input on this... thanks in advance
halamadrid777
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Leeds is more prestigious definitely, but if you like the course of Goldsmiths, go to Goldsmiths.
Катя
Rep:
?
(Original post by halamadrid777)
Leeds is more prestigious definitely, but if you like the course of Goldsmiths, go to Goldsmiths.
Is it worth it, though, to sacrifice uni reputation for a more "quirky" and enjoyable course?

I'm just terrified that I'll be killing all chances of a 25k+ job if I accept the Goldsmiths offer.

This is for Chinese and International Relations btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tamara Chan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Weird coincidence that i got both of those offers aswell! Personally for me Goldsmiths was only put on my form for convenience of the distance, but I know people who studied Chinese at Leeds and are fluent now (some are Chinese teachers now). I'm not going to accept either because I got a better offer that I prefer, but in my opinion I would choose Leeds. Because you will be paying the same for each, but Leeds will offer more. I think you should research what you think constitues a quirky course and wait till the deadline before you whole heartedly confirm your choice. Goodluck and keep me posted
Катя
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tamara Chan)
Weird coincidence that i got both of those offers aswell! Personally for me Goldsmiths was only put on my form for convenience of the distance, but I know people who studied Chinese at Leeds and are fluent now (some are Chinese teachers now). I'm not going to accept either because I got a better offer that I prefer, but in my opinion I would choose Leeds. Because you will be paying the same for each, but Leeds will offer more. I think you should research what you think constitues a quirky course and wait till the deadline before you whole heartedly confirm your choice. Goodluck and keep me posted
Ahh, that's so cool! Where else did you apply, what offers do you have? I'm still waiting on Exeter and SOAS

This will sound pretty lame, but seriously, the main reason I'm reluctant to move away from London is because my boyfriend is there. I know this shouldn't matter, but...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (386)
37.22%
No - but I will (80)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (499)
48.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed