The Student Room Group

Psychology work experience/placement alongside university degree?

I'm currently in my second year at university studying Psychology. I'm now starting to think hard about which field of Psychology I'm most interested in/want to go into and I'm leaning towards Child/Educational Psychology. I'd like to work in a school environment, particularly with young children and maybe even adolescents, with learning difficulties/disabilities.

At the end of my second year around May time, for one of my modules I have a four week placement at a place of my choice but I'm finding it difficult to think of suitable placements that would be relevant for my chosen field of Psychology.

Also, I would like to know if any one who is currently in the middle of a Psychology degree is doing any extra work experience/placements anywhere? I'd really like to do some kind of placement alongside my degree anyway but I'm not sure how difficult this would be what with me being a full time student.

Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated :-)
Why not see if you can get experience in a special needs school? You seem to be leaning towards educational psychology there

Quick Reply

Latest