The Student Room Group

Erasmus advice needed!!

So I have decided that I would love the opportunity to study abroad in 2015 with the Erasmus scheme. Does anyone have any advice regarding the application process and even the experience itself?? How much value do they place on extra-curricular activities? I study English and would love to study in Denmark my dad is danish And I speak and understand some danish - would this be of any help? :smile:
Any advice at all would be great!!
Original post by ho1996
So I have decided that I would love the opportunity to study abroad in 2015 with the Erasmus scheme. Does anyone have any advice regarding the application process and even the experience itself?? How much value do they place on extra-curricular activities? I study English and would love to study in Denmark my dad is danish And I speak and understand some danish - would this be of any help? :smile:
Any advice at all would be great!!

Hi! I studied abroad and now I help people with their applications and guide them through the process.

Are you writing a personal statement for your application? If you are make sure to tell them about yourself, what you are studying, why you want to study at the exchange university and why you will benefit and how they will benefit from the experience.

Its worth mentioning your ex-currics on your personal statement if you need to write one but don't write too much, not like your UCAS statement.

Normally a pre-requisite is to be entirely fluent in the language of the exchange country if the course you want to do is not in English. but Erasmus schemes normally work by the course at the exchange university being taught in English. In which case the grasp of their language is not needed.

Any questions, just quote me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending