The Student Room Group

Submit similar work as siblings??

Hello
Im working on my Internal Assessment in Geography right now, im using my brothers work as a guideline for mine. well his work is quite perfect, so i wanted to copy a few ideas of his, self drawn digrams etc.
Do you think the IB deliberatly compares work from students with works from their siblings?

well im not going to copy the diagrams themselves, im just going to redrawn them and change them slightly, is that still plaigarism???
im not going to copy any sentences word for word, just his ideas.....

is that legit???

thanks
Reply 1
Is your brother in your class? If so, you and your brother will probably be in trouble. Students from the same school taking the same subject are moderated by the same person (afaik) and the similarity will most likely be noticed.

Otherwise, if your teacher is in the dark, I would think that you're fine. IB checks for plagiatrism, but they most certainly do not compare "sibling-work". How would they know that you're siblings anyway? Its not registred and its possible for two non-relatives to have the same last name. I don't now how legit that really is, but as long as you're not copying him word for word and you contribute with something yourself, they won't have enough on you to find you guilty of cheating.
Reply 2
my brother graduated in may 2005
but they did the same internal assessment in geography as we do now.

thanks for your help
Reply 3
could i take all his diagrams, and put them all on a website, and then just state in the bibliography the website as the source for my diagrams???
Just use it discreetly and pass it for your own. Dont put it on a website. :biggrin:
yeah. its unlikely you will have the same examiner and even then, examiners mark hundreds of IAs, probably wont remember if by some off chance you get the same guy. very unlikely anyway. jsut change a bit of it, contribute your work to it and dont say anything. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending