The Student Room Group

Public law coursework

Hello!

I'm having trouble tackling this essay, could someone please help?

'Royal consent is objectionable to the rule of law'

Discuss this statement with reference to Tom Bingham and at least one other academic theorist of the rule of law.

Thank you
Original post by BigMike
Hello!

I'm having trouble tackling this essay, could someone please help?

'Royal consent is objectionable to the rule of law'

Discuss this statement with reference to Tom Bingham and at least one other academic theorist of the rule of law.

Thank you

What help in particular are you looking for? Is it how you start the discussion? Knowing with case law to reference?

Being more specific will enable the community to offer you better advice :h:
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
What help in particular are you looking for? Is it how you start the discussion? Knowing with case law to reference?

Being more specific will enable the community to offer you better advice :h:

Hi! I think it's a bit of both to be honest :smile:
Original post by BigMike

People aren't likely to help unless you have specific questions. I doubt many people will be inclined to essentially plan the essay for you.
Original post by BigMike

Why don't you note down your ideas here in a post and then members can guide you/ provide feedback :smile: Would that help?
Reply 5
Original post by She-Ra
Why don't you note down your ideas here in a post and then members can guide you/ provide feedback :smile: Would that help?

Hi well I've spent the last day or two reading up on the rule of law, the royal prerogative/powers and constitutional conventions and royal consent even though information is limited, so I roughly know what and who I am going to talk about

So for instance, I am looking to include roughly 2 or 3 points of Bingham's idea on the rule of law whilst making reference to other therorists such as Raz, Keith Ewing and Jennings or Dicey to see where their views agree or disagree with his.

I think my main issue is actually starting it now, I have no idea how to structure it. I think if I get my foot through the door with a solid plan, I'd be okay!

I honestly would appreciate any help given

Thanks people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending