The Student Room Group

Imperial and Cambridge offers

I just received an invitation for an interview at cambridge (Engineering) and i have also applied to imperial.
I have got a peer which has been given an interview appointment at imperial and i wonder if Imperial always asked for an interview as well as cambridge does for any potential applicants.

I would appreciate a concise and accurate answer, (p.s. it is an undergraduate course).

Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)
I have just about managed to wade through the dense jungle that is your grammatical errors and THINK I broadly ascertained what it is you were trying to communicate to other human beings.
But first, let me just correct your gross mistakes and, quite frankly, obscene onslaught of the English Language:
Cambridge - proper noun capitalised C
I have also applied - proper noun capitalised I
Imperial - proper noun capitalised I
a peer WHO has been given an interview
I wonder - proper noun capitalised I
Imperial - proper noun capitalised I
Cambridge - proper noun capitalised C
a concise and accurate answer (...). - no need for a comma before parenthesis.

As for the rest, I feel it my duty to point out to you that receiving an interview from Cambridge is no reason to boast - approximately 90% of all candidates are at least offered an interview and so, really, if this news 'floats your boat', I do wonder about your chances of getting in. I personally know several weak candidates who have received an interview but will not get further than that. I hope for your sake that you are not like them.

To answer your question: no.

Yours sincerely,
100umsgod.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pratonium
You do realise that capital letter errors are not that much of a deal?

I actualy think you are ****ing retarded dude, what is your problem? Are you jealous or something? I am just trying to post something real quick and get a quick answer in a polite way, but this is what I find...

Pretty appauling.

By the way, what did you get 100 ums on Mr. "100umsgod"?

Don't feed the troll mate
Anyway, in answer to your question, a couple of friends of mine have applied to Imperial and Oxford (for maths, so it may not be true for engineering) and they have said that Imperial would interview them if they'd done badly on their MATs.
As you've applied to Cambridge, I would assume you've done an admissions test of some sort?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Don't feed the troll mate, he's quite the knob with many insecurities.
Anyway, in answer to your question, a couple of friends of mine have applied to Imperial and Oxford (for maths, so it may not be true for engineering) and they have said that Imperial would interview them if they'd done badly on their MATs.
As you've applied to Cambridge, I would assume you've done an admissions test of some sort?

Cambridge told me that I would be involved in some kind of 40 minute exam before the interview, but I actualy have no clue on which exam it is, weather it is the STEP or the TSA so I will probably have to send them an email to confirm my doubts.

This means that Imperial will not ask for any further examinations or perhaps, I will be submited to one on the day of the interview, no idea.
Cambridge told me that I would be involved in some kind of 40 minute exam before the interview, but I actualy have no clue on which exam it is, weather it is the STEP or the TSA so I will probably have to send them an email to confirm my doubts.

This means that Imperial will not ask for any further examinations or perhaps, I will be submited to one on the day of the interview, no idea.

The test you take at Cambridge is dependent on the college. If this is the case, then I would assume that Imperial will probably interview you too. I recommend emailing them to find out.
Reply 5
Original post by H0PEL3SS
The test you take at Cambridge is dependent on the college. If this is the case, then I would assume that Imperial will probably interview you too. I recommend emailing them to find out.

Thank you for your kind attention!
Do you think…..

Might be a good idea to edit your post before a moderator comes along and does it for you. Avoiding the swear filter doesn't go down well.
what course did u apply for?

last year i also applied for camb and imp
Reply 8
Original post by Kabulkid
what course did u apply for?

last year i also applied for camb and imp

Meng in Mechanical Engineering
Meng in Mechanical Engineering

yh i think imperial would conduct an interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending