The Student Room Group

Taking too long to REPLY back!!!

Not long ago I recieved an UC offer!

because of this, I am determined to accept it! however obviously i can not do this until all my universities have replied back to me. How can i get my other 2 unis to reply back quick? I dont even mind if they decline me because im definitely going to accept my unconditional!
Reply 1
Patience is the way forward
I'm in the same boat Sunderland still haven't replied kind of ridiculous but you know don't think there is anything you can do mate except wait.
Original post by flowerbud
Not long ago I recieved an UC offer!

because of this, I am determined to accept it! however obviously i can not do this until all my universities have replied back to me. How can i get my other 2 unis to reply back quick? I dont even mind if they decline me because im definitely going to accept my unconditional!

You can't get your other universities to reply back quickly. If you really want to you can withdraw your applications to those universities, allowing you to firm your unconditional offer now but please only do this if you're 100% sure you want to go to your unconditional. There's absolutely no advantage to firming your unconditional now in comparison to firming it in a few months.
Who's it from? The removal of the student cap this year is really changing things on the ground. I got told from Lancaster that if I firm I'll get my offer reduced from AAB to AEE, and I have an unconditional from Aberdeen. So many universities are doing things like this, this cycle to attract top students.
Reply 5
Original post by Alex347_
Who's it from? The removal of the student cap this year is really changing things on the ground. I got told from Lancaster that if I firm I'll get my offer reduced from AAB to AEE, and I have an unconditional from Aberdeen. So many universities are doing things like this, this cycle to attract top students.

Its from Leeds Beck.
Original post by Alex347_

Your comments are so true. Due to the removal of the cap some unis have increased their numbers. Exeter increased their number by 600 last year and others have done so also. Due to this and the aab pass rate fell there are fewer aab students around so unis are offering lower grades and unconditional offers to keep their figures up knowing that students will firm up their places and that the students they are making these offers to will meet their entry standards anyway
Original post by swanseajack1
Your comments are so true. Due to the removal of the cap some unis have increased their numbers. Exeter increased their number by 600 last year and others have done so also. Due to this and the aab pass rate fell there are fewer aab students around so unis are offering lower grades and unconditional offers to keep their figures up knowing that students will firm up their places and that the students they are making these offers to will meet their entry standards anyway

Yes I agree exactly, it's quite exciting to have various unis throwing lower offers and stuff at me, and others in my school haha. It works as well. Until Lancaster contacted me about lowering my offer if I firm, I had no real intention of firming it- I wanted to go to Newcastle University, my local university, but the pressure it removes from my shoulders has really made me think of firming Lancaster. I wouldn't have even thought of Aberdeen as well, unless they gave me an unconditional offer (I got it for going to a summer school).
Lancaster really is an excellent uni. The question you need to answer is whether you prefer to be nearer home. Wherever you go good luck but do think of going away rather than living at home so you get the full uni experience which you miss out by staying with parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending