The Student Room Group

Any advice on my dilemma

Hey so I have this female friend who I've know for a few years now. Our relationship has just been platonic, we get on really well, never really had any physical attraction between us, but despite that can have a good laugh. We met travelling the USA and both share a interest in travel.

So not long ago she suggested a little trip to Paris after Xmas. I was up for it, any excuse to see more of the world and we live far apart so don't get to hang out much. So the trip is all booked up now for a weekend in January.

Now here's the problem...I've recently met a girl who I quite like. We've only been seeing each other a couple of weeks but it's going well so far.

I've not told her yet about this trip I have booked with another girl in the city with a reputation for love. I'm not really sure how to approach it. I mean this could have big consequences. I've not told my female friend about this girl I've been seeing either.

Any advice please greatly appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey so I have this female friend who I've know for a few years now. Our relationship has just been platonic, we get on really well, never really had any physical attraction between us, but despite that can have a good laugh. We met travelling the USA and both share a interest in travel.

So not long ago she suggested a little trip to Paris after Xmas. I was up for it, any excuse to see more of the world and we live far apart so don't get to hang out much. So the trip is all booked up now for a weekend in January.

Now here's the problem...I've recently met a girl who I quite like. We've only been seeing each other a couple of weeks but it's going well so far.

I've not told her yet about this trip I have booked with another girl in the city with a reputation for love. I'm not really sure how to approach it. I mean this could have big consequences. I've not told my female friend about this girl I've been seeing either.

Any advice please greatly appreciated!

If it's not an official/exclusive relationship, DON'T tell the girl you're seeing. If it is, then just briefly mention that you're "thinking about" going to Paris with one of your friends. Keep it brief. And with your friend, just tell her that you're in a relationship with someone (friends share that info all the time), but only if you're actually in a relationship, if you're just seeing each other, then again, don't mention anything.

Girls tend to fly off the handle if there's a slight possibility something is happening. To be honest, as long as you know that things are fine and nothing will happen, I wouldn't worry.

I appreciate that sometimes honesty is the best policy, but on occasions like this, you need to think about what crap you're willing to put up with, in the name of being honest, about something that won't happen anyway.
Reply 2
Just don't tell her buddy

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
In this instance, she is probably better off not knowing. Try to avoid taking pictures with her lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending