The Student Room Group

Uni

I’m really struggling to make a definite decision on my uni course I know I defo want to go to Uni this year but I keep tossing up between business so like international management or law or even biomedical sciences which are all very different so this is my dilemma. Any advice ?
Hi @NiaRowx77

I understand you must be in difficult situation because you do not want to make any mistakes. You are right, both paths are totally different, but for this reason it should be easier for you to choose, because there must be one preference above the other. Here are some important things you want to consider while choosing the best path for you:
- Do some research for each field: Look into the jobs that are available in each of the fields. Find out if the jobs are easy to get, how much is the salary, and what is the work content
- Choose the ones that you are passionate about more and you can imagine yourself doing for at least couple years.
- Find some people working in each industry - ask them for feedback or what is the job about.
- Try to "taste the job" by taking free online courses, and by then you will see if the course content impresses you.
- Do online test to assess your personality, regarding the best job field for you. The test results would show you which jobs fits better to your personality. I did this test and results really impressed me :biggrin:
- Ask yourself what are your long-term career goals and try to align your decision according to that.

I hope my answer helped. :smile:

Lucie,
PhD student
Cranfield university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending