The Student Room Group

No Strings Attached Sex

Hi everyone

I'm a female, and up to now I've had no thought about it but recently someone said something to me that got me thinking.
Is it bad that I just want casual sex?

I've been in two serious relationships with extremely clingy, needy and controlling guys and it's fair to say it's put me off. I've only had sex with those two guys, but at the moment I just want casual sex.

I'm not talking about banging every guy I meet. I have standards, and would only have sex with someone I actually knew quite well. However I was wondering, is it bad for me to just want the sex, none of the commitments?
A lot of guys do this and it's fine, but a lot of people get touchy when a girl like me suggests it.

Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone

I'm a female, and up to now I've had no thought about it but recently someone said something to me that got me thinking.

I've been in two serious relationships with extremely clingy, needy and controlling guys and it's fair to say it's put me off. I've only had sex with those two guys, but at the moment I just want casual sex.

I'm not talking about banging every guy I meet. I have standards, and would only have sex with someone I actually knew quite well. However I was wondering, is it bad for me to just want the sex, none of the commitments?
A lot of guys do this and it's fine, but a lot of people get touchy when a girl like me suggests it.

Opinions?

Go for it, it's your body!
No I don't think it's bad, anyone who has time to actually seriously judge you on it has too much time on their hands imo. So long as everything is safe and consensual and everyone involved is happy, then whatever. Nor would it be bad or "wrong" if in the future you decide you do want to try commitment again. It's your life.
Reply 3
Hi everyone

Opinions?

Go for it, its up to you what you want to do, no one else!
Reply 4
Original post by neal95
Unless your like an older woman I would definitely look down on you tbh. Inb4 feminist **** storm

why on earth would you look down on that?
I say do what the **** you want, who gives a ****
If you want it, do it. Though would you be confident enough to ask a male if they just want to be friends with benefits?
As long as you are upfront about it I don't think it is an issue :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by puddingbot
No I don't think it's bad, anyone who has time to actually seriously judge you on it has too much time on their hands imo. So long as everything is safe and consensual and everyone involved is happy, then whatever. Nor would it be bad or "wrong" if in the future you decide you do want to try commitment again. It's your life.

Yeah, I'm on contraception at the moment and I'd always use a condom anyway (STI's and all that ****) so I can't see it being a negative influence on my health or anything.

Thank you all for your opinions :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi everyone

Opinions?

If you're into that sort of stuff then go for it,it doesn't matter what other people think about you or your actions
Do what you want.

But if I met a girl and found out she used to be promiscuous I'd be running away quickly. That's probably hypocritical given how many girls I've slept with - but I think girls should be different.
Original post by sexysoldier
Do what you want.

But if I met a girl and found out she used to be promiscuous I'd be running away quickly. That's probably hypocritical given how many girls I've slept with - but I think girls should be different.

So what makes girls different? Why can't they be sexually active too?
Lol. No. Your body, your choice.
Go for it OP.

Personal preference. I'm not proud of all my past. However I can't change it so won't get upset about it.

However biologically men are designed to go out looking for sex - if a girl did that I'd be thinking she was a wrong un. That might be wrong, but it's how I would judge them.

Fortunately I'm pretty sure that most girls would decide they didn't like me first so it's no big deal.
Reply 13
Hi everyone

Opinions?

Everyone wants casual sex - what did you think, you're the only one who enjoys it?
Reply 14
It's up to you, your choice. It's your body, do what you want with it.
Do what you wish.

I'm kind of just up for casual sex these days too. I'm young and have had bad relationships in the past too, so sure.

Don't let people judge you so fast.
Well if you are happy that way and as long as you make it clear to that person you just want it to be casual then I don't see why it would be an issue.
Better to ride the carousel now than to get curious when you're on a series relationship, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sexysoldier
Do what you want.

Who do you think guys who sleep around are doing it with? Themselves? ... :rolleyes:

They can be, but it doesn't change the predominate status quo. There are plenty of things in life that are not fair or right from a independent perspective, however that doesn't mean it works like that in real life! Life is unfair.

A woman who has lots of casual sex is trash, a man, depending on a viewpoint can be trashy just the same ,or a hero. But a women sleeping around being a hero? no way.

I think its partially driven by women. Men want a good, relatively innocent girl/wife at the end of the day, not someone who has tasted many different sausages. Women want a strong confident man, and mens confidence can depend heavily on his sexual power and hence proved promiscuity. What woman wants a virginial MAN? Want man wants a 'heavily used' woman.

Thats how it is whether you like it or not.

And people who say who do you think all these blokes are sleeping with? Well the answer is usually trashy women, that are worth far far less than a decent, honest girl. And it is very easy to tell the difference when you know a girl well, very easy. Its your life, live it how you want, but there are always pros/cons with your choices.

Usually however trash likes trash so most parties are catered for. I have probably gone to the extremes btw but a some casual fun is exactly that and can be awesome!

But don't expect prince charming to come knocking if you have just had numerous 'lads' visiting you for the last xxx months/years. It shows.

The biggest problem is girls are very easily influenced and led, even the ones that think they are strong mined, so don't believe all the bull. Many decent guys still like the more honest girl that has not had 400 partners before she's 24.

Latest

Trending

Trending