The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My book collection is very valuable :wink:

I'm starting to think I should make a sticky in Tech "Acaila's latest computer **** ups" :rolleyes:
Reply 21

I'm starting to think I should make a sticky in Tech "Acaila's latest computer **** ups" :rolleyes:
Acaila
I could cope with leaving it to my uncle or dad's friend or whoever to try and fix cheaply.

Best bet for doing that is to try and find an identical laptop on ebay with a motherboard fault, and merging the 2, keeping the best / working components.

Finding replacement new panels is almost as fun as trying to fit them.
Reply 23
{wanders off to ebay}
Is it not really hard to play around with the insides of laptops?
Reply 24
wesetters
*subscribes to thread*

:eek: Double post...

Don't sell your books if they're valuable!

It's doubles I'm thinking of selling. My collection of one particular series are worth a few grand, and my paperback doubles should hopefully raise a few quid online if I do.

Someone is selling a faulty version of my laptop on ebay, but I wouldn't know whether to buy it or not.
Reply 25
I won't be buying it tonight even if you guys tell me to probably. But anyway:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140039918904&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
I'm now looking at four hundred quid ones on ebay....trying to control myself
Reply 26
Acaila

You must be in financial dire straits if you're looking to sell the antique erotica.
Reply 27
Acaila

But you don't have Legunnens Hemmelighet! :p:
Reply 28
I knew you would pop up when I mentioned selling my book collection
I take it you'll be wanting a list :p:
Reply 29
Acaila
I knew you would pop up when I mentioned selling my book collection
I take it you'll be wanting a list :p:

I pay like £2 a book though, so don't expect too much money from me!
Reply 30
Admittedly I do have some rarer ones :wink:
Reply 31
Acaila

£2.50 then!
Reply 32
Acaila

French antique erotica? :eek:
Reply 33
My parents didn't kill me! :eek:
I'm going to go look in PC world later for a cheap monitor - I assume my laptop has the right port thingy for one? And probably a new keyboard since I need one of those too. This has to come just at the worst point in the term when I'm paying for all my membership cards and such :frown:
Reply 34
Acaila

I'm going to go look in PC world later for a cheap monitor - I assume my laptop has the right port thingy for one?

Yep, your laptop should have an output for a monitor. Why PC world though?
Reply 35
Cos I have absolutely no idea where else I can get to easily that would sell one and the techies at uni won't recommend me anywhere :mad:

I've got so many old monitors at home it's ridiculous though, so this is rather annoying!
Reply 36
I haven't I must admit, but I don't really know where those would be - IT's up several floors from ground level :frown: Also, they got rid of all their old stuff over the summer, so I doubt they'll be chucking out month old monitors yet (freaky height adjustable things :eek: )
Reply 37
Acaila
leaned over and picked it up by the screen

:eek:

I would recommend that you just check in more detail your parents insurance policy as if you are covered it would solve everything and you could get the money on an accidental damage claim.

I am pretty sure that my parent’s policy doesn’t require computer equipment to be specified as it covers all possessions in the house up to a total value. It is only student policies which I have seen which ask for specific items and values – or if you want to insure a very expensive item on normal household insurance.
Reply 38
wesetters
www.acer.com (I like them (unlike a large proportion of the TSR population)).

shame on you, promoting acer *shudders* damn those idiots, damn them!!!! *stockpiles hydrogen peroxide etc* :mad:
Reply 39
chr1s
:eek:

I would recommend that you just check in more detail your parents insurance policy as if you are covered it would solve everything and you could get the money on an accidental damage claim.

I am pretty sure that my parent’s policy doesn’t require computer equipment to be specified as it covers all possessions in the house up to a total value. It is only student policies which I have seen which ask for specific items and values or if you want to insure a very expensive item on normal household insurance.

Thanks chr1s, I think that's what I'm going to try and do. I'm still covered by their house insurance since I'm living in a uni flat so it's worth a shot. Until they get back from holiday though, I need another monitor. PC World seem to only have fancy flat screen things, so any suggestions of how I pick up an old monitor very welcome!

Latest

Trending

Trending