The Student Room Group

German Interview at Manchester!

I've received an e-mail for an interview for German at Manchester Uni- this is my top choice and I'm so excited!

I was wondering if anyone knows what kinds of questions will be asked and how much of the interview will be in German and also if anyone else is going to any of the interview dates :-)

Thank-you!
Reply 1
I got my interview invite for Manchester today too - also for German! I've looked around the forums and it seems like the interview is a bit of an informal chat about what we've done/them selling the university to us. But I think we should be prepared to talk about/expand on our personal statement and extra curricular stuff we've done. With regards to speaking German, I think they ask just a small question such as what did you do last weekend? - so nothing too demanding. I'm quite nervous now because Manchester is also my top choice, so I really want to do well. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ylime20
I got my interview invite for Manchester today too - also for German! I've looked around the forums and it seems like the interview is a bit of an informal chat about what we've done/them selling the university to us. But I think we should be prepared to talk about/expand on our personal statement and extra curricular stuff we've done. With regards to speaking German, I think they ask just a small question such as what did you do last weekend? - so nothing too demanding. I'm quite nervous now because Manchester is also my top choice, so I really want to do well. Good luck!

Thank you, I'm really excited for the interview and I'm glad it's nothing too demanding, I feel quite reassured now. Good luck for your interview as well!
Reply 3
Original post by jobailey
Thank you, I'm really excited for the interview and I'm glad it's nothing too demanding, I feel quite reassured now. Good luck for your interview as well!

Cheers! - I have an interview for Leeds as well so I should be a pro before I get to Manc haha. What date is your interview on?
Reply 4
Original post by ylime20
Cheers! - I have an interview for Leeds as well so I should be a pro before I get to Manc haha. What date is your interview on?

That's good at least you'll get some practice! I'm not sure which date yet, when's yours?
Reply 5
I've chosen 18th February (half term) for my Manchester one.
I got an interview from Manchester too for French and Spanish! Well done guys! :smile: is this just going to be like informal and stuff then, because it says in the email that the interview doesn't determine whether you get the place or not so I'm just unsure what's going to happen :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by ellaheath97
I got an interview from Manchester too for French and Spanish! Well done guys! :smile: is this just going to be like informal and stuff then, because it says in the email that the interview doesn't determine whether you get the place or not so I'm just unsure what's going to happen :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the email is says that they'll offer you a place if you just turn up (well, at least for mine it does) :tongue: so i think it's more of a marketing thing than anything - i'm still a bit apprehensive though, but mostly excited - well done for your invite as well :biggrin:
Ah right okay, that makes sense! Thank you lots! I'm just glad because it sounds quite relaxed and everything so I suppose that reduces the pressure and everything :smile: thank you, well done for yours too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending