The Student Room Group

Students: Are you enjoying being home for Christmas?

Scroll to see replies

Haven't really made many friends at university, so I'm very much enjoying being at home with the family. I'm sad I have to go back soon; back to loniliness :frown:
Reply 21
My parents don't really have any rules that I'd want to break so I don't feel restricted by them, no clubs where I live though so I am missing going out 3 times a week. Miss all of my friends from university too, feel pretty lonely at home because all my close friends are doing Year 14 and haven't finished for Christmas yet.
I miss the independence, the lack of chores (catered) and the freedom of just being able to walk to my friends' rooms to hang out but that said its been lovely seeing home friends and family, having fridges full of food and it is easier to get revision done here. It's weird being at home alone for the whole day though and not seeing anyone while the fam are at work because in halls there are always people about. Gotta love having my own bathroom again though :biggrin:
I was dreading it but it's been ok so far. Although I have only been home two days! I get 4 weeks off, but I'm only here for two anyway, because it's final year so I wanna be back in the library early to revise for exams + do new years with my uni friends.
No. It sucks
Yeah I enjoy being back home!

Also dat chocolate to share with your parents :sogood:
I go home on Saturday (as I have to work) and I'm looking forward to going home. Looking forward to Christmas mostly.

But is it bad that I am more excited to see my old friends than my family?
Not really no, it's good for a couple of days to see family and get home cooked meals.
But for the most part I don't like coming home as it feels like a step backwards, it gets very boring and lonely quick.
Not really. Perhaps it'll change for the better sooner rather than later.
Neither, as I didn't have many friends on campus
I went back 'home' after my first term at uni and hated every minute of it. It was the complete opposite of what i'd got used to at uni - I didn't have any friends there, I don't have a great relationship with my family and the city was a ****hole. I was so bored and lonely. As soon as I got back I promised myself that i'd get a job so i'd never have to do that again, and that's exactly what I did.

Original post by SophieSmall
Not really no, it's good for a couple of days to see family and get home cooked meals.
But for the most part I don't like coming home as it feels like a step backwards, it gets very boring and lonely quick.

Exactly how I view it. That part of my life is over, and I don't have any interest in being reminded of it. This year i'm going back for three days (24th-27th) and i'm worried about that being too excessive.
Original post by sr90
I went back 'home' after my first term at uni and hated every minute of it. It was the complete opposite of what i'd got used to at uni - I didn't have any friends there, I don't have a great relationship with my family and the city was a ****hole. I was so bored and lonely. As soon as I got back I promised myself that i'd get a job so i'd never have to do that again, and that's exactly what I did.

Exactly how I view it. That part of my life is over, and I don't have any interest in being reminded of it. This year i'm going back for three days (24th-27th) and i'm worried about that being too excessive.

I would have stayed at my uni house longer and only come home for a few days but everyone else has packed up home for Christmas, so it's really lonely. At least my mum and sister are at home.

I'm really dreading when I finish uni though, I do not want to move back home.
So much more to do in London than home. Though not having to cook is nice!
Freaking hate it
Reply 34
finish tomorrow, looking forward to go home but after 2 weeks I think I'll want to come back. I have 6 weeks off. Haven't spoken to mates in ages so it'll be good to see them again.
Original post by SophieSmall
I would have stayed at my uni house longer and only come home for a few days but everyone else has packed up home for Christmas, so it's really lonely. At least my mum and sister are at home.

I'm really dreading when I finish uni though, I do not want to move back home.

I was kinda lucky that there were always people around. There was only the week of Christmas where I would be on my own, and even then i'd be at work all the time. So in the evening i'd happily just laze in bed and watch a film.

I'm so glad I got to stay here after I graduated. Would honestly rather sleep on the streets than move back.
Original post by sr90
I was kinda lucky that there were always people around. There was only the week of Christmas where I would be on my own, and even then i'd be at work all the time. So in the evening i'd happily just laze in bed and watch a film.

I'm so glad I got to stay here after I graduated. Would honestly rather sleep on the streets than move back.

Ah lucky of you.

I'm hoping come graduation (though I'll graduate a year later than all my friends) maybe I'll have been able ton convince a few friend to stay in the city and maybe get a flat together if we manage to find jobs.

Jesus you really must hate it at home, I wouldn't go that far. But I certainly don't ever want to move back.
Reply 37
I'll be going home for Christmas and New Year. I'd be happy with a reading week or two more interspearsed within term time with longer terms, just to shorten the holidays.
Slight dilemma.

When I'm at uni, I miss being at home.

When I'm at home, I miss being at uni.

I love being home for a weekend, but any longer than that and it becomes a pain. You mean, I can't listen to music full blast at 3am? WHY NOT.
OH I can't eat chinese takeaway in my bed??? WHAT MUM?

But now it's fine because it's christmas so everyone's really happy, spending money and eating food and watching **** movies. I'm just dreading after christmas when I have 2 weeks after everyone's gone back to work and school before I have to go back!:frown:
I havent gone back, but I dont wanna go home.. I mean I wanna see my family but I just dont wanna live there over xmas! I have so much to get through I dont know how ill get through it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending