The Student Room Group

Missing my ex (I dumped him) :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JaffaChan
I understand your issue, I'm a little younger(about to turn seventeen) but I've had my fair share of nasty breakups and regrets etc. it does suck, but if he's ignoring you then he probably doesn't want you back. Ignore the *******s on this thread, you made a mistake and admitted it, and the fact you slept around is both irrelevant and nobody's business, you were single and bitter and people do these things, sex is just another part of our identities and that can rub people the wrong way when yours clashes with theirs. You weren't cheating so it's irrelevant really. Unless it was like his brother or something. Honestly, if you feel that strongly, you can try contact him, but you have to be prepared for every response he might give. He might flip his ****, he might tell you he's with another girl, he might not talk to you at all, he might not even have that phone anymore. Do not hassle him or try to make him get back with you, if he says no or does not respond, just leave it be. Scars fade and wounds heal, and as hard as it may be, the emotions will wear off eventually :smile: maybe it was for the best though, not passing blame onto anyone,but if a relationship didn't work first time around, it probably won't work second time either. Also the dynamic of that relationship doesn't sound particularly healthy, so you do need to take that into consideration. Hope this helps :smile:

No offense but she's already contacted him and he didn't reply so there is nothing to be gained. If you got treated like this would you want to reply to someone who had done this to you?
Reply 21
Well you could try speaking to him and explaining how you feel and see if he can be persuaded to give it another go. I guess though there is a fair chance he will blow you out and who could blame him. Personally I would let the dust settle a bit, spend some time single and see how you feel then.
Reply 22
When my ex dumped me I was heartbroken and wanted him back... a few months down the line when he started texting me being all friendly and stuff, I told him to leave me alone. Maybe he wanted to be friends, maybe he wanted to get back together, I don't know. But I was still hurting and there was no way I was going to let someone back into my life who had hurt me that much as if he was capable of doing it once, he would be capable of doing it again. I wouldn't have felt secure with him in the way I once did, and feeling safe and trusting the other person not to abandon you is important in a relationship.

Maybe your ex feels the same....
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
Please, do not judge me.

Me and my ex boyfriend were arguing over me moving into university accommodation (I go to the university in my city, I was planning on living at home but changed my mind) and it was really irritating me. I started university, LOVED it, and all of the guys there were really nice and it made me think that my boyfriend was just a waste of time. So, I dumped him and slept around (bad, I know..)

But, now, it's been about three months and I really miss him. I think the absence from him has made my feelings grow stronger. I text him last month and he ignored me. Should I try contacting him or just leave it in the past? :confused:

See I actually respect what you did. You did the right thing. You broke up with him to sleep around rather than cheated. So at least you did the right thing.

What did your text say?
If you do love him, leave him alone.
(edited 9 years ago)
You made your bed now lie in it. He wants no part of you.
shes the one that made the relationship unhealthy to see if the grass was greener on the other side when she left him even tho she said she was happy in Her earlier posts. Now she regrets it and wants him to accept her with open arms wow stop letting her off the hook no person With self respect and options would take some one back because of her immaturity and being indecisive. How can he trust her that she wont be indecisive again when he gives her attention Again happens all the time his better off staying away from you so he doesn't get hurt again.
Reply 27
Original post by Albertio411
shes the one that made the relationship unhealthy to see if the grass was greener on the other side when she left him even tho she said she was happy in Her earlier posts. Now she regrets it and wants him to accept her with open arms wow stop letting her off the hook no person With self respect and options would take some one back because of her immaturity and being indecisive. How can he trust her that she wont be indecisive again when he gives her attention Again happens all the time his better off staying away from you so he doesn't get hurt again.

Please don't bump 4 year old threads.
Fancy a little fun babe ?
Please, do not judge me.

Me and my ex boyfriend were arguing over me moving into university accommodation (I go to the university in my city, I was planning on living at home but changed my mind) and it was really irritating me. I started university, LOVED it, and all of the guys there were really nice and it made me think that my boyfriend was just a waste of time. So, I dumped him and slept around (bad, I know..)

But, now, it's been about three months and I really miss him. I think the absence from him has made my feelings grow stronger. I text him last month and he ignored me. Should I try contacting him or just leave it in the past? :confused:
Original post by Bio 7
Please don't bump 4 year old threads.

Its to add perspective and insight and help other people online in similar situations, doesn't matter if its an old thread. people still search this thread on google who are in relationship troubles right now.
(edited 5 years ago)
Please, do not judge me.

YOu MAke Me sIcK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending