The Student Room Group

Would you date a transgender person?

Poll

Would you date a transgender person?

I am a girl who has a male body, and although I want to have the physical transition when I'm older, I am always worried that it will be super hard to find a boyfriend.

So, would you date a woman who was assigned male at birth, or a man who was assigned female at birth? (depending on your sexual preference of course)

And if not, why not? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I already have in the past and I would again :yep:

Some people will have a problem with it but at the end of the day you're better off not dating someone like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
If I was attracted to them then sure, doesn't bother me if they are male/female, just as long as they are happy with being who they are.
Reply 3
Original post by Treeroy
I am a girl who has a male body, and although I want to have the physical transition when I'm older, I am always worried that it will be super hard to find a boyfriend.

So, would you date a woman who was assigned male at birth, or a man who was assigned female at birth? (depending on your sexual preference of course)

I'm a male and I wouldn't. My potential partner must have a female body because that is what I am attracted to. Why would I want to date someone I can not have sex with?

Why do you say you are female if you don't mind my asking?
No. Regardless of how tolerant I'd try to be about it, it'd always be in the back of my head that they used to be a guy.
Plus, if there is a clear appearance that they'd been somehow mutilated to appear as the opposite sex, that would be even more off-putting.

I don't have any problem with transgender people; their body, their choice and whatnot - just wouldn't date one.
I personally wouldn't mind dating someone who is transgender, but my parents are really against anyone who is transgender or gay or anything like that, so I don't think it would be very fair on the guy because he probably wouldn't get my parents' approval, so if we ever wanted to get married or live together or if things got serious in any way, my parents would definitely not be happy about it. Also, I don't want to put so much pressure on any future boyfriends, be they transgender or not, just because of my stupid parents. I don't want to make anyone feel like they're not accepted, even if they feel that way because of someone else. If I did end up dating a guy who is transgender, we would have to pretend that he was born male (in body, I mean) in order to get my parents' approval, because my parents do tend to judge people before they get to know them if they know that they're gay, transgender, etc. I know this because one of my best friends is a lesbian, and before my parents found out they were always going on about how she's so smart and obedient and kind, etc. But then somebody told them that she's gay, and now they always have spite and hatred in their voices whenever she's brought up in conversation, even though they barely know her. So, in short, if my parents weren't so judgemental and would actually consider seeing them as a person, then yes, I would.
I'm bi, so I'd be attracted to you even if you seemed slightly boyish in appearance.
Reply 7
Not even for £1 million.
Reply 8
Original post by xylas
I'm a male and I wouldn't. My potential partner must have a female body because that is what I am attracted to. Why would I want to date someone I can not have sex with?

Why do you say you are female if you don't mind my asking?

Sorry, I should have clarified. I'm talking about transgender people who have had the physical transition, so if it were me, it would be when I do have a female body.

And I say I'm female because I am. I'm not sure where the confusion is here... you understand the difference between biological sex and gender right?

Original post by Converse&Roses
I personally wouldn't mind dating someone who is transgender, but my parents are really against anyone who is transgender or gay or anything like that, so I don't think it would be very fair on the guy because he probably wouldn't get my parents' approval, so if we ever wanted to get married or live together or if things got serious in any way, my parents would definitely not be happy about it. Also, I don't want to put so much pressure on any future boyfriends, be they transgender or not, just because of my stupid parents. I don't want to make anyone feel like they're not accepted, even if they feel that way because of someone else. If I did end up dating a guy who is transgender, we would have to pretend that he was born male (in body, I mean) in order to get my parents' approval, because my parents do tend to judge people before they get to know them if they know that they're gay, transgender, etc. I know this because one of my best friends is a lesbian, and before my parents found out they were always going on about how she's so smart and obedient and kind, etc. But then somebody told them that she's gay, and now they always have spite and hatred in their voices whenever she's brought up in conversation, even though they barely know her. So, in short, if my parents weren't so judgemental and would actually consider seeing them as a person, then yes, I would.

Okay, understandable :smile:
I wouldn't mind dating a transgender guy but personally I would prefer a cisgender, I have nothing at all against trandgenders but I guess I'd just feel a little strange because of the fact that they were once a girl
Original post by Treeroy

Oh I thought you were a guy, now I know the truth! :laugh: Yay! :yay:

Yes I would, and I hope that someone would date a trans guy like me too. There is a little bit of hope out there. :moon:

Well I'm panromantic anyway so yeah I wouldn't care if my partner was trans. :smile:
Reply 11
This is so weird, like I know people who think their sex is wrong exist but I really don't understand it. Like what, Mother Nature made a mistake and put your mind in wrong body?
I come from a very old fashioned country that finds it hard to understand homosexuals not to mention ppl like you. It's like....it seem quite impossible for me. How's such thing even possible?
And to answer your question: if I love them yeah
:no:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Rainbow Student
Oh I thought you were a guy, now I know the truth! :laugh: Yay! :yay:

Yes I would, and I hope that someone would date a trans guy like me too. There is a little bit of hope out there. :moon:

Well I'm panromantic anyway so yeah I wouldn't care if my partner was trans. :smile:

I thought I'd told you on facebook that I am a girl :tongue: oh well hehe
Reply 14
Original post by Nottie
This is so weird, like I know people who think their sex is wrong exist but I really don't understand it. Like what, Mother Nature made a mistake and put your mind in wrong body?
I come from a very old fashioned country that finds it hard to understand homosexuals not to mention ppl like you. It's like....it seem quite impossible for me. How's such thing even possible?
And to answer your question: if I love them yeah

Wow, that last sentence surprised me :biggrin:
personally no I wouldn't
Theoretically, but in all honesty I'm unlikely to find them attractive, I'm attracted to quite feminine, natural looking girls.
Reply 17
Original post by Treeroy
Wow, that last sentence surprised me :biggrin:

Well if I find out about it when I am already in love I wouldnt care but only in this scenario.
However, I don't really believe in all this "wrong body" stuff, there must be some scientific explanation to that.
Do you look like a girl with a penis or like a normal guy who just acts and dress like a girl? :biggrin:
is it time for this thread again? i personally wouldn't
Original post by Treeroy
I thought I'd told you on facebook that I am a girl :tongue: oh well hehe

Lol no I don't have you on FB. XD

I'm gonna quickly have dinner but I'll be back and I'll add you on FB :smile:

EDIT: Yes I do nvm :')
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending